Mares MC2 / IRIS download question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobJoubert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

can anyone please tell me how quickly does irishd@farinaperseu.com respond to emails?

Last night,I tried to download my dive data (for the first time) from my MC2 and I got this message:

[M.DM.DP] Error Detail:
L = '0' - Error n. [0] -
DI = '0'
DP = '51'
I = '0'
AP = '0'
UP = '30000'

I tried three time and got this message three times (asking me to email the above data to irishd@farinaperseu.com).

BTW - I am using Vista Home Premium desktop, I.R.I.S. 2.3 on an USB connection.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

I am not sure about how long it will take to receive a response from the email you list in your post. Have you tried this solution to your error? Please try this site for directions on how to get the Iris and Vista to operate together. Solution for DRAK and IRIS on Windows Vista

Hope this helps.

I decided to load the supplied software onto my XP laptop - now I am getting another error:-

"Time-Out error while reading from the serial port. Check the connections, the serial port and the positioning of the Dive Computer in the interface unit, and try again."

I am using the USB version - what do I need to change?

NEVER mind the above message - I read the manual, changed the port setting and YES I got my dives downloaded!!!!

Thanks Zak

Great. Glad it's working!

Best,

Has a resolution to the Vista vs IRIS issue been found? I am trying to get my MC2 to talk to my vista laptop and getting the same error as in the begining of this tread.

Help me!

Merlin,

It is my understanding that the Iris and Drak interface are working with Vista. I just recently acquired a new laptop and have not attempted to download any dives with Vista yet. Did you visit the http://glfp.homeip.net/irissupport/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=15 link I posted earlier for a solution to your error?

I'm afraid this will be my last post due to DEMA but will check when I have the soonest opportunity.

Best regards,

Zak,

The link above does not seem to work??

I did get IRIS for Vista loaded but in order to download from either of my M2s I have to run IRIS in administrator mode. As this is a work-a-round I do not care for the potential security breach it creates.

I am also having problems with my Mares M2, on a vista laptop. I get the same message:

[M.DM.DP] Error Detail:
L = '0' - Error n. [0] -
DI = '0'
DP = '51'
I = '0'
AP = '0'
UP = '30000'

I'm really annoyed about this, and since it's Mares' problem, I'm posting here,

All of your links above do not work, BTW.

Thanks,
Taylor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom