Mares MR 22 Abyss - Apeks ATX50 as Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomRep Diving

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think this would be a nice idea? I already have the Mares Mr 22 first stage with Abyss Second Stage... I thought of buying the Abyss Octopus but it is kind of expensive, (even tough I don't mind for the price), and since I've heard so many good things of the Apeks in this board, would it be a nice idea to use a ATX 50 as the Octo for this regulator?:confused:
Thanks in advance....
Orlando

You will need to find out the intermediate pressure of the MR22 first stage first - the ATX50 is usually sold with the DST first stage, which has an IP between 9.2 and 9.6 bar (135 to 141 psi). If the MR22 is in this range, you should have no problems.

I would also look at the ATX40 as an octopus over the ATX50 - it is slightly cheaper, but is otherwise identical to the ATX50 with the exception it does not have the fine-tuning adjustment lever. During an OOA incident, you're not going to be worrying about fine-tuning the reg for optimal breathing performance! The ATX40 breathes just fine with its fixed setting.

I can not decide weather to buy Mares Abyss or scubapro mk25 s600. since you have Abyss could you tell me pro's and con's and your opinion aboput which one is better. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom