Mares Nemo - any experience or feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Capi!

I´m also interested in the new Mares Nemo computer and here is what I know. The Nemo should be out in the european shops around april (according to a british dealer).

On the japanese Mares website you can find a great demo of the computer. Use this link: http://www.mares.co.jp/products/instruments/item_nemo/download/nemo.exe

Do not worry..the demo is in english :cheeky:

The demo is quite good and I have absolutely no idea why it is not placed on the Mares.com site.??
From what I can se the Nemo has funktions very similar to the Suunto Stinger but the Nemo will be some what cheaper.
I´m looking forward to try it next month!

Has anyone in the US tried it??

-Karsten-

I too am interested in this computer. I could not find out however if the battery is user replaceable. Any one know this?

Meng_Tze:
I too am interested in this computer. I could not find out however if the battery is user replaceable. Any one know this?

this battery only lasts 50 dives or 1 year... it better be user replaceable or otherwise.......

I asked around about the battery situation with the Mares Nemo. Apparently the battery information in the Demo program is wrong. Mares states that the battery last for at least 170 dives and NOT just the 50 dives as stated in the Demo.

Further more it should be very easy to change the battery. So maybe it will not be promoted as "user replaceable" but the replacement of the batteries will be so simple that you can do it yourself.
I´m still waiting for Mares to give a more direct answer to the question: "user replaceable or not"
If I get one I will post it here asap.

I still think the computer looks VERY interesting and I´m looking forward to be trying it in april.

-Karsten-

Any update on this? Have you tried the Nemo yet?

No not yet. Mares has not released the Nemo in europe yet. Not in any shops that I know of anyway.

Has anyone seen the Nemo in stock anywhere??

Asked a couple of dealers in the UK, but they were still waiting for delivery from Mares.

I guess its the same with every release of new products - they are always late ! :rolleyes:

One of the sales guys at Divers Direct in North Palm Beach Florida has a demo model...says he likes it. Didn't get to see the thing though :( But for the price I got an Uwatec Smart Pro which I'm quite happy with.

All,
I found the manual and some additional info at this site:

http://www.nemo.mares.com

Battery is user replaceable, makes it a real contender for me.

Yep, that is a nice site if you want to get a closer look at the computer.
The Steel version is out in the shops now, but I´m still waiting for the titanium version to be released, and I hope it will be soon :06:

Back
Top Bottom