Mares Nemo showing 492 foot depth while on the surface?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Driznik

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a Mares Nemo computer for around three years now and used it on more than 150 dives in a variety of conditions and it's always been great.

On my last trip I found something I've never seen before. After the dive the computer started to show that I was on a dive to 492 feet when I was actually sitting quietly by the pool on the surface. It continued to show the same thing for two days until the low battery indicator came on (the battery was new at the start of the trip), at which point it started counting down an 18+ hour no-fly time.

I haven't had a chance to take it into the shop yet, but has anyone seen any kind of behavior like this?

Thanks,

Drew

Hi Drew,

The nemo should generally get apprx 50 dives on a new battery. This will vary greatly by how often the backlight is used. The backlight has a major draw on the battery. There is also a specific brand battery that should be used with the Nemo. It is very possible that the battery is the culprit for your watch to act up. I recommend taking it to a Mares dealer and have them send it in to Mares service center for evaluation.

Best regards,

Thanks Zak,

That's exactly what I'll do.

That's exactly what I did and they ended up shipping me back a brand new Nemo Excel. My Mares kit doesn't break down often, but when it does, support has always taken good care of me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom