Mares Nemo Stainless question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Wray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys. I've noticed that since the Nemo sport and the wide have come out, the stainless model like I bought in 2005 is no longer offered at dealers. Was there some problem with them that caused the absence and should I be anticipating problems? I really like my computer compared to others I've seen in use on liveaboards and would hate to have to get another computer in the near future.

Hi guys. I've noticed that since the Nemo sport and the wide have come out, the stainless model like I bought in 2005 is no longer offered at dealers. Was there some problem with them that caused the absence and should I be anticipating problems? I really like my computer compared to others I've seen in use on liveaboards and would hate to have to get another computer in the near future.

The NEMO Stainless should be fine. It was recently replaced by the NEMO EXCEL.
The EXCEL has a few improvements, but has all the same functions as the original NEMO.

Attachments

• NEMO Excel.jpg
    NEMO Excel.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 83
The Nemo Excel has an improved display making it easier to read. The glass is also recessed and flat. The case is more rugged and for those with small wrists the preshaped straps will offer a better fit. All functions are the same.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil, just a quick one, I received my Nemo Excell today, but when I activate the backlight, there is a spot that remains unlit at the bottom of the watch face. Just wondering if this is normal or if it should light up the full face.

Cheers
Dave

Dave,

This is normal. It is part of the internal IR. The previous generation Nemo did the same thing.

Hope you like your new watch/computer.

Best,

Phew! Thanks a lot Zak. And yes I love my new watch/computer, also got the Abyss 22 reg setup with proton octo! All very nice and shiny, don't really wanna get it dirty now...

Oh just one more thing, should a strap extension have come in the box with the excel? Cos mine didn't come with one.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

The Nemo Excel does not come with an extension strap.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom