Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't Marine Boy (an old cartoon) have boots with propellers in them and Oxy-gum (gun that gave him oxygen under water)?

Maybe that's it.

did you guys get the latest LE email from mares? episode 4: Valery

seems to pretty much confirm that one of them is a reg and it's got something to do with a new composition or metal...

then again, maybe it allows us to put our name clearly on the 2nd stage so that we know who we're lookin' at underwater... like we know now from the website that the girl's name is "valery" hehehehehe

Jag

The closeup was a Proton Metal second stage—soon available with your name on it, I guess (for that special occasion when you’re “pushing the limit” and your narced buddy needs to remember your name...).

Right towards the end, you could see that “Valery” was using a second stage with the hose coming from the left (which miraculously switched to the right side at the end). Maybe that’s revolutionary? :eyebrow:

Here we go; only 3 days left and my local dive shop (3 miles away) will be presenting the new Mares equipment. The only problem I have with the shop is that it was never mentioned to me (my son is taking a scuba class the same day)! You would think after 20 year of patronage it would have been at least mention to me or my son.

They started decorating the shop with the display material give to them by Mares (mostly the black adverts seen in the magazines) and have been incredibly discrete. They also have a scuba mannequin for display purposes set up in front of a back drop.

The presentation will happen at 12 noon and end at 2 which is perfect for me because my son’s class is that day. I will post a thread with pictures of the equipment for those of you not able to witness it first hand on Monday.

I can't wait for this revolutionary new technology.. I better act fast, because I want to be one of the select, limited few who are able to get their hands on this diving revolution before they stop making it and everyone else is left behind.

stefano di martino:
Dear all,
If I have to be honest with you I am a little disappointed in regards of where this conversation is going.
I was probably too naive to decide to get into a chat.
Since I joined this chat I just got attacked (except Wileediver) with so much anger !!!for thing I could not be responsible.It is just few months I work in this company and I want to do well and learn.I know that in the past we have made some mistakes and we can definitily do better, however, it takes time and it is very difficult to change a company in few months but I can assure you that both in the USA and in Europe we are trying hard.

The Limited Edition line is, I hope, the first sign of our tentative to change and also to focus more on the USA.
Thanks to everyone. Stefano

I've never met Stefano but I know a few people at Mares/Dacor and have followed the company for several years. The company is making a lot of changes and they still have a great product. If the service and distribution issues are fixed I think we should seriously consider giving Mares/Dacor another shot.

I also think a lot of the problem lies with the independent dealers. I can go to store "A", and they can't service my reg. I drive to store "B" and the experience couldn't be more pleasant. I also know that there is a lot of credit problems w/ small scuba shops. If Mares/Dacor isn't getting paid by store "C" - why would they sell more stuff (parts included) to that store knowing they won't get paid? A reputible shop can make all the difference in the world.

I just found this board, thought I would jump in on this post. All my gear is Mares/Dacor so I'm a bit biased! I have a H.U.B. (which I like a lot), fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit, boots, gauges, hood, and I have a Nemo (still waiting for a chance to use).

Two comments on the Nemo - why not wireless air? I think the watch should have that feature to be competitive even if @ additional cost. Also, the instruction book sucks! The book is a 4" by 4" square with every language. The English section is in the middle and you almost have to break the binding to read the letters/words where the 2 pages meet.

Back
Top Bottom