Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon8118:
Here we go; only 3 days left and my local dive shop (3 miles away) will be presenting the new Mares equipment. The only problem I have with the shop is that it was never mentioned to me (my son is taking a scuba class the same day)! You would think after 20 year of patronage it would have been at least mention to me or my son.

They started decorating the shop with the display material give to them by Mares (mostly the black adverts seen in the magazines) and have been incredibly discrete. They also have a scuba mannequin for display purposes set up in front of a back drop.

The presentation will happen at 12 noon and end at 2 which is perfect for me because my son’s class is that day. I will post a thread with pictures of the equipment for those of you not able to witness it first hand on Monday.

Hmm....that's too bad they never mentioned the launch. My shop, Aquasub, is in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada. They're having a party to unveil the limited edition. Should be fun. I'm told it's even nicer than my Proton Metal...I'll be the judge of that! I love my Proton Metal!

Hello all,

We are having a unveiliing tomorrow at our store. We are located at 913 Dudley Road, Edgewood KY. Any of you local guys want to come look at it you are more than welcome to stop down. We are open at 10. The stuff is very cool

mb230s:
.............. I have a H.U.B. (which I like a lot),............

Enough said. :bash:

I talked to a guy at the local 'evil' empire shop.....he confirmed that it was a reg, BCD, and fins set. The reg is have some way of personalizing it, the BCD is based upon the HUB, didn't say anything about the fins...probable split. When asked about the reg, he said it was an environmentally sealed diaphram (is there any other kind of diaphram?). I still have no idea what is so revolutionary about it....guess we will wait until tomorrow.

detroit diver:
Enough said. :bash:

Yeah - I'm in the minority. I basically got it for nothing, hence I tried it out and was really comfortible in it, probably the luck of my body type. I dive off my boat a lot, which is really too small to dive in comfort. I usually toss the entire unit overboard and then jump in and slip it on. I've also had no problem servicing the individual pieces or getting at the hoses. I'll probably go back to a wing after a few more years but continue to use the regs and octopus. I like the Vipers.

It's Finally Here, the day we've all been waiting for!!!!! I just visited the Mares website to take a look!!!!! Uh, well, duh, I'll just keep the junk I got.

Um - this is what Mares calls "revolutionary?" THAT????

I see someone edited out all her earlier comments telling us to just wait and see, but that this stuff would be fantastic! What happened? Where did she go?

So, to review, it's a jacket BC with metal trim accents, a small reg that you can engrave your name on, and a hybrid Volo/Quattro fin. This was worth flying dealers all over the world to Italy?

Man - I'm sure glad I'm not a Mares dealer. :rolleyes:

Boogie711:
Man - I'm sure glad I'm not a Mares dealer. :rolleyes:
Dang, I wouldn't mind being a Mares dealer. If they flew me to Italy for every silly new little product, I'd be stoked :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom