Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter:
Did you try breathing on it? At depth? Or did you just buy it because it was beautiful? Just curious how it performs.

Agreed, my reg is not beautiful; it's not even "super small." Mine is scratched, dented, used, and probably a bit abused. It's also one of the best performing regs in the world. It's not about being "pretty" or fancy marketing gimmicks.

I also got three overhaul kits in the toolbox. Oops, aw, my, me, wow, MY BAD; I almost said PARTS.

Diver Dennis:
Good call Boogie711. Wanna know why the prices are so high? Someone has to pay for the advertising....

You mean that ridiculous Buck Rogers email crap thingy I so foolishly submitted my email address too? :alien:

I got sucked in too River Rat...

I thought I might win something maybe, should have known better....
Nothing is ever free :)

Does seem quite a disappointment, after all the hoopla and hype. Being the owner of a Morphos Pro, I can't see why anyone would pay extra to own the Limited -- does the aluminum thread make that much difference, other than in style? And some things changed for the sake of style, I think are detrimental -- for instance, changing the color of the buttons on the airtrim back to grey/black (as they were on the original airtrim installations). The yellow was a good safety feature: the deflate button and the pull dump toggles were in yellow. And what else do you get for a $200 supplement -- a limited edition tag? Wow ... methinks I'll pass on this one.

Now having said all that, I do think that Mares makes very stylish BCs, and I guess if you're into that, perhaps it's worth the money for a little extra style that not everyone has.

-Simon

First rule of gear selection taught in open water:

Function over form.

Darn, I was hopeing that the reg would be gold plated with a spinner on the purge button. :)

Maybe some neon lights under the BC wings..... :)

JimC:
First rule of gear selection taught in open water:

Function over form.
Very valid point when choosing between form OR function but in this case, I don't think the gear will work any worse if it looks good too. I don't think that this reg will be worse than the other Mares regs which are mostly excellent.
No reason not to combine function AND form for the people who want it and are willing to pay the premium :wink:

I'm seriously waiting on Debraw and Stefanio and Queenorange and the rest to chime in here and explain to us what we've missed...

The floor is yours Debraw... or even better, Stefanio: What makes these products "revolutionary?" Or are you willing to admit it was simply marketing hype that (apparently) left some people quite disappointed and upset?

(Stefanio - I'd get a new marketing firm, by the way)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom