Mares Puck - Basic question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leftyjeb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi there,

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I can't find a clear answer as I look at the Mares Puck user guide:

In the log book, what is the little number to the far left? The User Guide suggests that it's an "ascension rate". 73? I ascended rather conservatively, so I have no idea what units of measurement a 73 would refer to. Thanks.

10059201736_721bbb905a_t.jpg
10059201736_721bbb905a_z.jpg

Hi:

At a certain moment in this diving you may have ascended at this rate. I don´t know how long you have to mantein this rate in order to be registred by the computer. I think if you ascend only very few feets at fast rate it won´t be a problem but the computer is going to register the fact and warn you.

Someone knows how long do you have to mantein certain ascend rate for be register by this computer?

Apologizes for my english, I am trying to improve it.

....In the log book, what is the little number to the far left? The User Guide suggests that it's an "ascension rate". ......
Yes, it is the maximum ascent rate you reached during the dive

.... 73? I ascended rather conservatively, so I have no idea what units of measurement a 73 would refer to. ......
If the Puck is set in imperial, that would be 73 ft / min. Quite fast indeed.

You can see the Puck 's ascent rate indicator in action the the Puck online class

Back
Top Bottom