Mares Puck interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDevil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Puck for my daughter recently but only just found out that info from it is downloadable. What sort of interface is required to conect it to a computer?

Also, how complete is the downloaded data? eg do you get a full graph of dive profile such as I get from my M1 RGBM?

Thanks for any advice.

Dave.

Hi Blue,

The download interface for the puck series computers is called Drak. Mares part # 414308. MSRP $120.00 U.S.

The software is as capable as the M1. The good news is, as we develop more features or entirely new software / firmware upgrades for the puck units; we will make them available to download at no charge from our website.

Thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Hi Zak, thanks very much for your prompt reply. I figured it would be the Drak but had seen some websites that said that the Drak was for the Nemo Wide only - presumably this has now changed in recent times.

Looking at the back of the Puck I presume the interface connects to the two recessed brass pins - there doesn't seem to be an infra red interface like with Iris?

Dave

Dave, Once again you are correct. The Puck computer uses a "hard" interface and connects using the two pins on the back side. Should you decide to purchase a DRAK, it will be very clear how it works.

Have a great Sunday,

Thanks so much Zak for your help!

Having had a play with the Puck I got for my daughter I am now seriously thinking of getting one for myself and replacing the M1 which I have been having significant problems with being unable to push the buttons lately. It is a great little computer at a very reasonable price!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom