Mares Quad. It does not show safety stop.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
My first dive computer and I have been through the manual a couple of times.

My first 4 dives showed safety stop. the last 6 do not. In the Mode settings I have chosen Air.

I hope someone can help.

Best regards
Tina

My Leonardo doesn't show safety stop if I spend enough time above 8m or so. Threw me the first time it happened, too. Was that your profile on the 6 dives in question?

what he said, you may not be going deep enough for long enough to get it to give you a precaution stop. Just count your own out if you want to do one

Yes/no: I mean, even if I'm coming up from a deeper longer dive, then follow the top of the wall back to the entry point. One theory is that normally, although the SS icon comes up when you get to/above 5m, the count actually starts at 7-ish. So you may clear your SS without ever seeing the icon.

Of course, only Mares knows how the Quad is actually programmed...

My Leonardo doesn't show safety stop if I spend enough time above 8m or so. Threw me the first time it happened, too. Was that your profile on the 6 dives in question?
Hi there,

I went to 32 metres today and it worked perfectly. The 6 dives were at least 30 min. in above 8 metres. So yes I knew I was safe and with a guide we had the safety stop.

Good to know you had the same reaction it is my first computer so there is learning curve.

Thank you for your reply and happy diving.

Yes/no: I mean, even if I'm coming up from a deeper longer dive, then follow the top of the wall back to the entry point. One theory is that normally, although the SS icon comes up when you get to/above 5m, the count actually starts at 7-ish. So you may clear your SS without ever seeing the icon.

Of course, only Mares knows how the Quad is actually programmed...
If it is like my Cressi Giotto, it does in fact show a stop but it will credit any time above (IIRC) 6m towards the stop. So if you happen to look at the computer right at the end of your dive there is a chance that it has already ticked off your SS.

Have done a number of shore dives like that - square pattern going out from a point at 5m depth. By the time I finish the last leg parallel to the shore I have already done my stop but it does not show on the computer. If I check it while I am near the start of that last leg, it will show the SS.

Back
Top Bottom