Mares regulator ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that in the US Mares has quit supporting the III, and I'm 90% sure they've quit supporting the MR-12. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

The MR12 is still a big part of their current lineup.....not that that really matters, all Mares diaphragm regs use the same seat, balance chamber o ring and diaphragm as each other and AquaLung regs.
I haven't got a IV 2nd stage, but I'd bet good money that the LP seats from the current line will fit perfectly.

The MR12 is still a big part of their current lineup.....not that that really matters, all Mares diaphragm regs use the same seat, balance chamber o ring and diaphragm as each other and AquaLung regs.
I haven't got a IV 2nd stage, but I'd bet good money that the LP seats from the current line will fit perfectly.

1+.

Like Fishpie said, I was able to "update" an older MR-12 (it had a "fixed" orifice/crown) with the latest Mares HP "poppet".

Parts will be available for a long time.

Best wishes.

The only exception to the first stages is that of the V/MR42. The 42 uses the same balance chamber O-ring, but all other parts are different.

The second stage uses the same poppet seat as the MR12 III. It is of a smaller diameter than the current Mares models.

Greg Barlow

Thanks again Fishpie !
Could you send me a link for Manual or maybe tech. manual for this particular regulator ??

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom