Mares Scissors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey Phil. I do not know if it is my system or not but I cannot get any pictures on the mares website.

Anyway, I posted a thread on 4-27 about the mares scissors and got no replies. I just want to know if they are closer to scissors or shears. Sometimes I need to cut through some thick stuff and sea snips just wont do. I was hoping it would be a heavy duty type thing.

Thanks

Paul

partridge:
Hey Phil. I do not know if it is my system or not but I cannot get any pictures on the mares website.

Anyway, I posted a thread on 4-27 about the mares scissors and got no replies. I just want to know if they are closer to scissors or shears. Sometimes I need to cut through some thick stuff and sea snips just wont do. I was hoping it would be a heavy duty type thing.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I am not sure what product you are asking about. We do not sell this in the US, but if you can describe it to me I can find out for you.

Our web site is in the process of being updated.

Regards,

Phil

Oh. No wonder I never got any responses. On the website under accessories there is a mares scissors. I can order it but will have to pay for it before I can see it. I use Buffalo shears now and just clean it every week. I need the strength because of some of the things I regularly cut. Anyway the scissors do not look flimsy like EMT shears but look more solid like gardening shears. If anyone can tell me this is so then I will gamble and order them. But if someone says they are like scissors for cutting monoline only then I will pass. Thanks for your time.

Paul

partridge:
Oh. No wonder I never got any responses. On the website under accessories there is a mares scissors. I can order it but will have to pay for it before I can see it. I use Buffalo shears now and just clean it every week. I need the strength because of some of the things I regularly cut. Anyway the scissors do not look flimsy like EMT shears but look more solid like gardening shears. If anyone can tell me this is so then I will gamble and order them. But if someone says they are like scissors for cutting monoline only then I will pass. Thanks for your time.

Paul

Paul,

I sent a note our HQ to find out about them. We do not sell them in the US so I have not seen. Will let you know once I hear back.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom