Mares Volo Power vs. Mares Quattro Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I HAVE HAD TO RESCUE MY DIVE BUDDY MANY TIMES ...HAVE DONE SO IN MY VVOLO FINS ...THEYWORK GREAT IN ROUGH WATER AND WHEN PULLING A TIRED DIVER BACK TO SHORE ...hAVE DONE THAT AT NONESTARY BEACH WITH THE VOLOS ...THEY ARE GREAT FINS ...I FEEL THE BEST FIN ...WAY BETTER THAN THE SPLIT FIN ...BUT THATS MY OPPINION OTHERS MAY DISAGREE...BUT FOR ME THEY ARE THE BEST BUT I KICK HARD AND FAST...

Mares Quattro is a great general purpose fin....can't go wrong with these for diving in many situations.

I HAVE HAD TO RESCUE MY DIVE BUDDY MANY TIMES ...HAVE DONE SO IN MY VVOLO FINS ...THEYWORK GREAT IN ROUGH WATER AND WHEN PULLING A TIRED DIVER BACK TO SHORE ...hAVE DONE THAT AT NONESTARY BEACH WITH THE VOLOS ...THEY ARE GREAT FINS ...I FEEL THE BEST FIN ...WAY BETTER THAN THE SPLIT FIN ...BUT THATS MY OPPINION OTHERS MAY DISAGREE...BUT FOR ME THEY ARE THE BEST BUT I KICK HARD AND FAST...

I think I might look for better dive buddies----- :rofl3:

I'm a little confused, who asked about split fins. By the way, which split fin are you talking about.

PS. I agree with tex, get a new dive buddy.

Thanks guys for all the information, it is truly appreciated and welcomed.

This is why I love the board, everyone is willing to help everyone out.

I still havent decided which fins though but I will.

Hi Tracy. Sorry, I was so bemused by Suzis' post I forgot to answer your question.

I found the volos to be too soft. In fact I found the lack of feedback & control due to their extreme flexibility to be very similar to a pair of splits. They seem to move me through the water well enough though.

I liked the feedback & control of the excel fins. They are very stiff in comparison. You get a lot of power but you need the leg muscles to drive them & not get cramped though.

It's all very subjective stuff. The only way to be really sure what will be best for you is to try & get a set of each for long enough to give them a good try in a variety of conditions & go from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom