Mares Volos Fin Tearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scorpiofish... you mean to tell me that the older Quattros are faster 9hence probably more efficient) than the new Volos? Or is it just that the Quattros can provide faster speeds at the expense of more effort on the legs? Since I got my Volos (Volo Race) ... I found them quite soft... although my instructor found them stiffer than his Avanti Tres...so I really don't know.

If that's the case... I'm getting a pair of Quattros (open heel) to compliment my full foot Volos...I intended to get Volos to match my Races... but I was under the impression that the Volos were faster (according to Mares, 30% Volos vs. 20% for the Quattros)

scubyduby... where did your Volos tear? In the hinge? That funny looped rubber part?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

We carry the Volos at our store and have had about 5-6 pair returned for tears - Mares did exchange all these at no charge to the store which we passed along to the customer. According to our sales rep the have strengtened the hinge area (don't know if this is true or just sales talk)- where the tear was occurring- and we haven't had a pair returned in awhile.

My wife and I have over 50 dives on both ours and love them. No problems to date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom