Mares X-Stream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, You need to open the buckle by depressing both buttons, then turn the buckle 90*, with buckle open, slide the entire buckle forward, positioning the fin post into the larger hole on the buckle. This will allow the buckle to come off completely. Note: the post has a ridge on it, and will only allow the buckle to come off in one position, so for your initial 90* turn, if it does not work, turn it 90* the other way. It will also be fairly stiff (by design), requiring a bit of energy. You may want to wear some light weight gloves the first time you do it. Just a precaution.

I hope you get it figured out.

Best,

Just got a pair recently and had the same issue. "A bit of energy" sure is right - thought I'd break a finger! Finally did get the straps off in the way suggested. Haven't tried the fins yet (going on a trip later this month), but they came very highly recommended by my LDS.

thanks! i'll give it a try in a bit

No news on the Volo Power vs The X-Stream huh? Hmph... Still torn between my purchase choice here. :/

I have had the chance to take my x-streams on a few dive trips; I just love them. They have excellent manuverability, perform well in currents, are easy to put on and take off, and best of all they are lite weight.

For KHBLAIR: keep at it, it was a bit of a struggle to get the bucket off. At first it felt as though I was going to break them but in the end, I won! :D

x-streams has got a lot more power than Super Volo..
I owned both of them just wondered if there is any spring fin straps for x-streams?

I just tried the X-Streams down in Dominica for a week of diving... They are great! Very maneuverable, light-weight and fast! I normally use the avanti quattros but I always found them a bit heavy for traveling to warm water destinations... btw, I replaced the straps with the Atomic universal spring straps and they are now perfect travel fins.

Hi,
great fins.
But mine to broke on the top.
After store where I bought them contacted Mares I got new one.

Regards

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom