marijuana and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mirage, (don't take this personally but ...)

Were you stoned when you replied? Your spelling and grammar
was atrocious.

I do not need to "define" impairment. It is adequately
defined in the dictionary and has been adequately demon-
strated via studies involving drugs AND narcosis. The only
fool you are fooling is yourself.

Many of us are critical of drinking and diving. Brett Gilliam took a pasting for commenting there is nothing
wrong with having a brewski while diving.

Word up my friend: currently, consuming short-chained-hydro-
carbons is legal; pot smoking is not. what's more, many people have a drink or two for the taste, not to "get a buzz". show me ONE doper that uses for any reason OTHER than to "get high".

I am now removing myself from this conversation. It is
pointless.

thank-you-very-much

nope i was not stoned when i replied i just type fast.

did i ever condone or condeme diving high or drunk NO

heres the deal my background is in perception psychology, so i like to study new areas of percecption. the last thing i wanna see is scuba steve diving high or drunk for that matter, but the TRUTH is some people do it, and it would be nice to have info to look at.

People also set themselves on fire, rob banks, and torture animals. But that doesn't make it right.

And no, I don't think we need to study it any further..

I have been reading this and have waited to see how it progressed before responding. But I can see this is just some dope smokers soap box. People come on this board to learn about diving, how to do it correctly and safely. You come on here and insult our intelligence with your insane questions, and then have the nerve to say it's for research for your thesis. Give us a break, do you think we are some poor dumb yahoos who are ignorant like you?

"HOWEVER those who are used to being high have been proven to drive safer then those on most perscription drugs."
Show me your proof and facts before you get on here and make some wild ass comment like that. Show me your case studies.

"but booze is a back bone of the scuba ind,"
This is your opinion and again it is baseless, just a justification for your ignorance and stupidity.

"shows you how hippercraital some are and how some are uneducated on TRUE drug fact."
Anything that impairs you while diving is wrong, two wrongs don't make a right. You my friend are uneducated on the True drug fact.

TRUE drug fact is: SMOKING DOPE MAKES YOU IMPAIRED, HIGH, DRUNK, STUPID ETC. My proof comes from the comments you have made.

ANY QUESTIONS

Charles was correct.

ID

first, i'm smoking (both tobacco & dope every now & then) myself. 2nd, i don't drink.

imho noone should dive either when drunk, stoned or under any influence from a drug (f.e. medication or whatsoever).

when you want to dive, it's still risky and a lot of things can happen, so you should prepare yourself for every dive as good as possible.

from my experience, i rather smoke a jonie the night before i dive than having a drink. why? well, after a drink (ok, maybe a few...) i'll have a hangover the next day, smoking pot, i won't be affected the morning after in any way.

but, as i said, just my humble oppinion.

i guess, that most ppl are using some kind of drug every now & then, wether it's alcohol, dope, tobacco or whatsoever - the secret is: just don't dive being *affected* from any of those drugs but wait until they weir off.

and, another, remarkeble thing: most divers i met were smokers - although everybody knows that smoking isn't a great thing to do when diving.....

just my 0.02$...

gregor

I have just one question for ye...
After your fatal "high" dive,
Can I have your dive gear?
Rick

Just when I think this board can't get any more interesting...

Think I've seen it all, now. (yeah, right!)

I'll just note that I believe that Brett Gilliam may have participated in some diving and marijuana studies in his Navy days. You might search on techdiver for some info on that.

Everyone else has pointed out how stupid diving high is so I won't try to add anything.

Ralph

After having read this I just need to say one thing. I have over thirteen years of experience working in Aerospace Medicine and Physiology and can tell you that anyone who even considers diving while under the influence of ANY drug, including alcohol, is not equiped with enough gray matter to dive with me!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom