Mask mount for back up light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not sure how to post a video. It was a dive talk video and woody turns off edds oxygen on the rebreather and they time how long he can breath.

not sure how to post a video. It was a dive talk video and woody turns off edds oxygen on the rebreather and they time how long he can breath.
Can just post the link and it will embed, @The Chairman keeps this place super boujie, not like the days of ole. That said, what you can see here with the blue ring is a Paralenz camera and the adjustable mask mount. Paralenz filed for bankruptcy at the end of last year so those products are no longer available.
What's on his left that you can barely see is his backup light and that is 99% done with a pair of thin bungee loops as described above.

1674783970832.png

yep, thats it. will that thing hold a light or just the camera?

yep, thats it. will that thing hold a light or just the camera?
It's designed for the camera but since the company is out of business it's not really available anymore unless you find someone who still has one in stock.

Why do you think you want/need something like that for a light? What's the application? The backscatter from most lights in most conditions is really annoying

Not sure if I need it or not. I have a helmet with a razor mount on it. Just though I might try it with just a hood. Might not work to good.

This is the one I use, except I duct tape it to my mask strap. The supplied clip with too wiggly for me
Glad you like the light! I am surprised you had to tape it. It seems extremely secure to me and I have left it on my mask for months, while I was testing it, with zero incidents of it being loose or threatening to come off.

Perhaps this would work for you. We sell a pair at a small discount. These lights have shown to be very robust and reliable for our customers.
These are great lights. I use them for survey. I actually appreciate that they are not super bright and the beam is diffuse.

If you drop them just right, there’s like a little coil of wire wrapped around a piece of plastic that’s soldered to the board inside that can break off. You can hear it rattle. I’ve had maybe two die from that over a lot of years) and the wire is so fine and the solder job so precise that I just don’t have the skill to fix it. But whatever, it’s great for its purpose and I haven’t seen anything else that’s even close.

Not sure if I need it or not. I have a helmet with a razor mount on it. Just though I might try it with just a hood. Might not work to good.
That's what I use, I don't see any advantage at all to having a light on the mask, as long as you're wearing a helmet. And I always wear a helmet in the Mexican caves where I dive. I also have a backup light bungeed to the helmet on the right, the razor mount is for the primary when I want to stick it on the helmet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom