Mask problems with previously good fitting mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by OceanSpirit
"except when I had that awful goatee"

I went through a goatee phase and went to buy a mask while I had it - tried it and it leaked - couldn't seal it any way I tried. Took it back to the shop and they changed it for another - same thing happened. After changing three masks the guy behind the counter not-so-subtly suggested I get the f#$* out of his shop and have a shave. Sure enough - no problems since!!

(Also don't look anywhere NEAR as big an idiot as I did with it)

ho-hum - heads up -

I have a question - last time I checked a *goatee* is a facial hair growth located on the *chin* - I may be off my nogger here, but how on earth did that affect your mask seal???
(I'm open to the possibility that I have missed somethign very important for a long time)...

:)
Terkel

Well, here in the UK, a goatee is a moustache and a beard on the chin only. As a mask seals around the bottom of the nose, the hair allows air/water through.

So remember:

A) Goatees are bad for SCUBA divers
B) You look like a complete pratt with one

I rest my case, M'Lud.

Back
Top Bottom