Massachusetts snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justinfv41

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knew of some good diving spots in Massachusetts, particularly the South Shore, like lobster spots, fish spots, shallow wrecks, e.t.c., any help would be great thanks guys

also interested in snorkeling/freediving in and around massachusetts. heading to duxbury beach area this weekend if weather is good to snorkel around Brant Rock--not much there but a few rocks jutting out from the edge of the sea.

if anyone knows of a freediving group in new england that is not focused on spearfishing, i'd love to know about them. most dive shops laugh at me when i ask about clinics and say that it is a tropical sport....

It may be a bit of a hike for you, but I go to Horizon's Beach in Sandwich alot. Lots of rocks, seagrass, etc.

wat type of stuff do u see there?

Lobster, some coral, starfish, sea robin, lots of crabs, squid, I've seen 1 seahorse once, big snails, lots of stuff.

say, thanks. i'll try sandwich. its not too far out the cape, and with crowds diminishing, a little, this september, there might be a chance to see some wildlife before the water gets too cold.

thanks!

say, thanks. i'll try sandwich. its not too far out the cape, and with crowds diminishing, a little, this september, there might be a chance to see some wildlife before the water gets too cold.

thanks!

Yeah, just make sure you go at low tide if your snorkling.

Back
Top Bottom