Massachusetts snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hathaway Pond in Hyannis? Lots of LDS do training dives there. I suppose you could snorkel there as well.

I've had some enjoyable snorkeling at Brant Rock beach in Marshfield, where I saw big schools of striped bass along the breakwall and tautog out at the end. Depths aren't any more than 25' or so at the deepest. Sandy beach in Cohasset has some big striper schools too, if you stick close to the rocks. In the middle, it's sandy, as advertised.

Just did my OW and have earbarotrauma - oops - so am sidelined a bit. I would love to snorkel while it recovers and check out the sites I will soon be diving. Looking for snorkel buddy..

Had a shallow rock-picking dive off Black Rock Beach in Cohasset yesterday. Vis was decent at low tide, and max depth of 7' makes it a good site for snorkeling when it's calm. Parking is likely the biggest challenge for non-residents. Saw an impressively purple sea raven.

Had a shallow rock-picking dive off Black Rock Beach in Cohasset yesterday. Vis was decent at low tide, and max depth of 7' makes it a good site for snorkeling when it's calm. Parking is likely the biggest challenge for non-residents. Saw an impressively purple sea raven.

I drove by black rock on my way to Hull yesterday at about 12:30 and saw a dive flag just south of the Black Rock. Could that have been you?

Back
Top Bottom