Massachusetts snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do you guys know of any good flounder spots around here?

I've actually seen a good share of flounder at sandwich as well. Haven't seen one since spring though, kind of odd for that spot ????

It's getting a bit brisk for it now, but definitely mark for next summer to do list:

- Provincetown breakwater - great for lobster, tautog, striper etc good visibility, easiest by kayak

-Kings Beach in RI isn't too far from Boston. Very good stuff there for kelpy, rock reef with late fall tropicals

- white horse beach in Plymouth has good rocky areas to explore.

- Hyannisport breakwater- the last one outside the harbor beyond Kalmus beach. You can shoredive it, and it gets deeper ~20ft at the tip, a long ways out.

- Rocks outside Plymouth /Duxbury harbor are pretty good

- Fogland Beach, Fogland Rd, Tiverton, RI on the Sakonnet River

- Jetty that borders the canal east entrance. park at Horizons Restaurant (now called Hemishpere) Dive at mid to high tide and don't go to the end, as you risk getting caught in current the further out you go. Optimum for this site is slack high tide

Good luck. Find all these spots easily on google maps. I tried to link but the blog blocked my urls ;(

Hey guys... just joined the forum. Hoping Justinfv41, Charley12345, or Augustv will see this post. Looking for someone to snorkel with on the South Shore (MA). Haven't done it in a while but itchin' to get into it again.

Anyone else from Mass interested in a little snorkeling??

Thanks.

Hey seabird, I am in RI and am definitely interested. If you know of good spots in the south shore I am all for it. I have been going to the cove at fort wetheril (sp?) in jamestown lately. I too am just getting back into it.

No spearfishing yet. Just getting back into it and looking for other like minded folks in my area. I have a pretty bad cold right now but hoping to do something this coming weekend.

Hey seabird, I go out at least every saturday and sunday. Went to newport today, not sure where I am going tomorrow but if your cold is gone you're more than welcome to come. Next weekend i'll be heading to block island for the first time if thats something you're interested in. I think the date for that weekend are the 22nd 23rd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom