Master Liveabord Fuel surcharge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pay it, and then take it out of whatever tip you might have given, which is probably more than $200. Two can play the game.

i do feel this would be mean, but the naughty side of me had a day dream about leaving a letter as tip advising I’d paid it to the head office and to speak to them 😂

in seriousness, in one of my conversations I pointed out we all experience raising costs and the money they want from me has to come from somewhere and that is the obvious place. They didnt respond, which made me feel bad for their staff.

Same company?

Pay it, and then take it out of whatever tip you might have given, which is probably more than $200. Two can play the game.

i do feel this would be mean, but the naughty side of me had a day dream about leaving a letter as tip advising I’d paid it to the head office and to speak to them 😂

in seriousness, in one of my conversations I pointed out we all experience raising costs and the money they want from me has to come from somewhere and that is the obvious place. They didnt respond, which made me feel bad for their staff.
That won't really hurt the operator, but it will hurt the crew and they have nothing to do with pricing policy.

Same company?
I think I’ll make my last payment by credit card for the protection, the first 2 we’re bank transfer which offers less protection

I don’t even think they are part of something like ABTA as other tour operators would be. This has definitely been a learning curve.

i expect there will be more people in the same boat (no pun intended) and not realised, as the only reason I know about this charge is when I paid the 2nd payment and received a new confirmation reflecting I’d made another payment with a comment added, but the confirmation was still dated the original date of booking.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has just had a minor clean up. Unless you were first deleted, you were last deleted due to your post being a follow up to the first deleted. Try not to be first and don't be last either. Your mods are here to serve you, no matter what time of day that we have started. Our pay is of more value when you generously use the REPORT function, instead of making more work for us in our Scubaboard vineyard.

What's their cancellation policy?

You could cancel, get the refund a d then rebook at the cheaper rate.
I looked at this, I think if they had made me aware at the time they implemented it I would have been within the timescale to cancel for minimal amount which would have been worth losing to pay the lesser amount plus the fee and still be better off. By the time I noticed it had been added stealthily it was too late

Is NITROX extra? If so ask for it to be waived. Ask for a $200 bar credit. Basically instead of asking for a refund for what you have already paid ask for additional "services" that you would be charged for while on board.

Is NITROX extra? If so ask for it to be waived. Ask for a $200 bar credit. Basically instead of asking for a refund for what you have already paid ask for additional "services" that you would be charged for while on board.
That’s a good idea, it’s the same cost as nitrox so that would work, about to see how reasonable they are

Back
Top Bottom