Maui Dive Trip 9/25-9/29 Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dolbie, If you are using a Canon Poweshot Camera you may want to do some research on CHKD FW. It allows you to load a new OS on your Flash card and shoot RAW images with your Camera that would not normally support Raw pictures. Shooting RAW means you do not need to worry about setting white balance and exposure as you can change those in an editing program (Such as the Free Google Picasa)

Russell,
Yes, I first started reading up on CHKD about a month before going on this trip. I got part way through installing it when I decided I'd better leave my camera's familiarity alone for now and experiment when I have more time to get used to the new OS.
My Powershot (540 I think) has an underwater mode which I was hoping would even out the green color of all my underwater shots, but it did not. I am looking into an inexpensive flash with a fiber optic tether. All my close up shots with the flash seemed to turn out okay.
I'm also going to be looking into the CHKD idea further.

I wanted to post an update for the folks that participated in the deep too early aspect of this post.
In 2011 I got my Advanced Open Water certification and then in late 2012 I got a chance to use it at the Blue Hole in Belize.
What I learned off the coast of Maui and in my AOW class helped make the dive to 135' in the hole a breeze.
Attached is my photo of one of the locals I met on the Blue Hole dive.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371995636.372837.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom