May 2016 Roll Call... ¡Vámonos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have always wanted to go up the dirt road to Punta Moles in the NE part of the island. I know you are not suppose to take rentals up there. Any suggestions on how to get there, like UTV, buggy rentals? Thinking on maybe trying those electric bikes but don't see room for the beer cooler.
They may have improved things lately, but in the past that route has had the reputation of being extremely rough, even for a four wheeler, and most if not all the Jeep and Jeepish rentals on the island have the four wheel drive disabled, and the insurance when you rent one expressly disclaims anything that happens up there.

Is someone going to start consolidating the May list? Will I finally get to meet cvchief? I was supposed to when I was there last May but my trip got suddenly cut short.

Ill bring the cigars!! :) Seriously, there will be a SB dinner at El Moro!!

They may have improved things lately, but in the past that route has had the reputation of being extremely rough, even for a four wheeler, and most if not all the Jeep and Jeepish rentals on the island have the four wheel drive disabled, and the insurance when you rent one expressly disclaims anything that happens up there.

Further, there's no cell signal in that area, so when my son's dirt bike got bogged down then wouldn't restart, he had to push it back to Mezcalito's, which took hours. There's also no cell signal at Mezcalito's, but at least there are often people.

Has anyone set up any sort of SB get-together May 8-15?

Rich Hagelin
Maybe we will finally meet. I may or may not be able to tear loose from the Thundering Herd for a dinner but I hope to at least get together with some SBers for a beer or margarita. I'll be there May 4-16 at Blue Angel.

Woo Hoo for May!

Peeps................................... Dates........................Staying..................... Dive OP

Larry (diver) and Mechelle .......4/16 - 5/7..................Residencias Reef ......DWM
Loree and Greg ........................4/27-5/15 .................Casa Mexicana...........Liquid Blue Divers
Dirty Dog, Kim & Sue................5/4-5/11....................Sabor..........................Aldora
ggunn and the thundering herd. 5/4-5/16...................Blue Angel..................Blue Angel
Sharky & Boss..........................5/12-5/24..................Blue Angel...................BA&Tres Pelicanos
Los Pescadores GL's................5/12-5/2....................HCR&BA....................Scuba with Alison
mstevens & family ....................5/13-5/21..................Casa Suzana.............(hope you get to dive!!)
Steve & Corrine.........................5/13-5/29..................Las Uvas Condo.........ScubaLife Cozumel
Josh & Miranda..........................5/14-5/27..................Las Uvas Condo.........ScubaLife Cozumel
Scott & Julie...............................5/12-5/21..................Las Uvas Condo.........ScubaLife Cozumel
Molli & Fallyn..............................5/13 -5/21.................Las Uvas Condo.........non-divers
Diverokc.....................................5/13-5/30.................Compadre's Casa......Dive Paradise
Soonerwatch & Family...............5/28-6/4...................Iberostar......................Dressel (possibly)
Jay & Cheryl…………………….5/18-6/14….……….Mi Casa………………Tres Pelicanos
John & Leona……………………5/4-5/11….………. Iberostar …………..…Dressel
BBC and EHC…………………..5/2-5/13…..……… Villa Aldora…………… Aldora
Mack and Carole………………. 5/28 -6/4….……….El Cantil……………… BlueXTsea
Jay and Ramon…………………5/10-5/15…....…… Villa Aldora…………... Aldora
Jenni7748……………………….5/14-5/19……………?.........................?
CVChief, Susanita, +2 ……...... 5/11-5/21……..…..Casa De Jefe…………Scuba with Alison
Ryan & Lily………………….......5/1-5/9…………... Sabor………………..... Dive House
Vannsbtch & Hubby ……………5/12-5/19………….Secrets……….....……Palancar
I don't see Sideways in there. He started this thread.

Hey Rich, we'll see you at the Mexicana :) Hopefully we can set up a meet! Who would be interested?? I know dates are all over the place for coordinating, but I'm sure we could get something going with the peeps there while we are. Hey Gordon.. we're on the list :) See you soon G!

I would love to meet the group! Also- I didn't say where I am staying, but it's a private condo near Hotel Barracuda.

Will you May'ers quit hogging all the people! :)

Island looks to be near deserted in June!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom