May We Have a Singles Forum, Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
There are certain challenges to being an unmarried traveler and diver, and some of us would like to have a forum to discuss these challenges, possibilities, and such.

I'd like to see it offered as a Singles Only, however - many others have suggested it be open to all, with the request that those who are not signle so identify themselves when posting. I don't know why a married would want to post on Singles, or why I would want to listen to a married on a singles issue, but that's what some others want. :huh:

I'm not suggesting a SB MEAT MARKET, either, but - I guess that could happen. :throb:

thanks, don

To have your Life partner on land to also be your Buddy down-under. DD it would be a great Idea if they had a place on here that single's could post themselve's with interest's info and goals for there live's. and be able to meet other single's with the same. so let there be others to add to this thread with some good Idea's also. Mike

Yeah, I would have to second that notion. I think that would be awesome... I do think it might become a so called meat market, unless some moderation went on... I dont think it would be too much trouble...

My first post might look like this:

Single male dive instructor with lots of dive gear looking for female experienced diver with 42 ft+ dive boat and/or island home retreat. Please send picture of boat and/or island home...

LOL...

Hi to all.....just saw this thread so a little slow on the draw...

1. Count me in for a singles thread! Sounds like a great community to hang out in!

2. As for the privacy issues...we all need to be worried about identity theft and internet issues. However that being said...if you don't give your real name, don't give your place of work, and keep the rest of it pretty generic, then you should be just fine. (Your trash has far more info about you then what someone could find out about on Scubaboard.) As for inappropriate questions such as how old you are etc? Just decline answering them. We do it all the time in real life....so why should the net be any different?

Wreck Wench once bubbled...
As for the privacy issues...we all need to be worried about identity theft and internet issues. However that being said...if you don't give your real name, don't give your place of work, and keep the rest of it pretty generic, then you should be just fine. (Your trash has far more info about you then what someone could find out about on Scubaboard.) As for inappropriate questions such as how old you are etc? Just decline answering them. We do it all the time in real life....so why should the net be any different?

Hey all count me in on a vote for a singles forum, and I totally agree with what WW said on the privacy issues. You have to really be careful these days on anything you post anywhere on the net... their are all kinds of creepy people out there.

D

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...

Single male dive instructor with lots of dive gear looking for female experienced diver with 42 ft+ dive boat and/or island home retreat. Please send picture of boat and/or island home...

An oldie but goodie.:eek:ut:

I think it's a great idea! And even though we need to be careful about posting too much personal stuff, I have to say that having met several divers off of this board on dive trips, there are a lot of great people out there!

Bob3, I couldn't view your link you posted. Said I needed to be an administrator?

This has been discussed berfore....right here and frankly I don't think we need a singles forum on a diving board.

Just my vote.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
This has been discussed berfore....right here and frankly I don't think we need a singles forum on a diving board.

Just my vote.

If you're not single and judging by your photo I presume you're not then it's pretty selfish for you to make such a comment !
You won't be forced to read such a forum !
So where's the harm ?
just my vote :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom