Mayair info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just did this the end of January. I had two pieces of luggage, one 45lbs and the other 48lbs. From Cancun to Coz, they charged me $40, and told me they gave me a break. Nice of the person to do that. From Coz to Cancun, I was charged $58. (Us dollars). I was a little nervous because I booked the flight online, and then read about the weight charges. I think I read something like $3/per extra pound. (Coulda been kilos). Anyhow, I convinced myself that they wouldn't charge me more than the price of an extra seat. As above, you're allowed one non carry on at 44 lbs.

So, round trip, it cost me about $225, and took about 30 minutes in total. The drag would have taken about 4 to 6 hours, maybe more depending on the ferry schedule and the flight schedule. This was less than it would have cost to fly direct into Coz, even if I could have gotten a direct flight in. I'd do it again under the same circumstances. Even if I spent $40/hour to save the time, I'd rather spend my time at the hotel or on the beach or in the water, even if it feels like vacation starts as soon as you hit Cancun.

Also loved the flight, but I like a little adventure and don't mind small planes. The condensation fog show was a hoot.

-Blair

Last edited:
It must depend on how full the flight is because we had a suitcase each plus my scuba gear bag plus our carryons and there was no mention of extra charges.

rdowney, I wondered about that. The flight to Cozumel had half the people the flight from Cozumel to Cancun did. The people at the gate may have some flexibility.

Even at what it cost, it was worth it to me to save the time alone. Plus it's less luggage hauling and a short comfortable ride with interesting scenery along the way. With my schedule, I remember landing in Cozumel think that I would have gotten there 4 hours later if I'd done the bag drag. For my trip, when I factored in what I'd saved on airfare by flying into Cancun instead of Cozumel and the cost of doing a bus or shuttle from Cancun to Playa, and the ferry tickets, it wasn't hard money for me to part with.

-Blair

nice people. quick trip. however at 6ft 5in 250lbs it is a tight squeeze for me. thinking of going back to the slow laid back van/ferry.

Back
Top Bottom