Mazatlan ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m3830431

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know

It's on the ocean.

Poorer vis

Cooler water

I have no choice the wife made me do it.

Any recmmendations? :( :( :( :(

nobody ever dived out of Mazatlan. That is not good. They must have something to dive.

There is no diving here. Sorry. Take your wife shopping. Have a drink or two or three. Sorry. OTOH, had you gone to Manzanillo, they have one of my three favorite beaches in the whole world along with great diving.

Diving is not the best, vis is poor most times, but you could get lucky. If you get lucky expect to see small stuff.

Was there in March and went out once. Vis was less than 6 feet. We saw a bunch of nudi's a wolf eel and a few fish. An "OK" dive but didn't go again and was there two weeks. What is telling is the pics on the dive centre wall. No good ones. The only dive centre that I found was in the gold zone, can't remember the name. Look for the amfibious boat parked on the beach. Can't miss it big old russian military vehicle I believe - near the north end of the gold zone.

Thanks I know it isn't very good but it is warmer than 60 degrees F and it beats shopping.

So how was that anymore than what I had in my dive report? That is the shop I dove with right beside the Castille hotel. They don't use (or at least didn't while I was there) the Amphib for diving, they use it to ferry the tourists to the island so they can swim without getting pounded by the waves or stung by the jellies. We dove out of a open boat.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom