Mazatlan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usbcarters

Registered
Reaction score
I will be going to Mazatlan the end of September and would like to hear from anyone who has done any diving there. From posts I have read it doesn't sound like the best area to dive, but none the less I will be going. Would like to know if there are any places I should or should not go. Should I do a rental car as I will be taking all my own gear. Is there a place to get tanks and weights. Any info would be most helpful.

Thanks Sue

Great place to look at sand. Might be more fun if you left your dive gear behind. Mazatlan is one of my favorite Mexican cities, but not on the list of dive sites. Should be plenty warm and gooey.

adios don O

I agree 1000%. Maz is a great place. The people, atmosphere, food, and beauty made it one of my best trips ever. I did dive, and it was very scary. The rip was powerfule, the vis poor at best. Dont haul dive gear there as it is not worth the effort. You will, however, have an amazing time.

While I haven't gone diving there personally, I wouldn't be so quick to write off diving there. I have fished and parasailed around there and I've seen lots of fish, dolphins, and even a very large sea turtle of some variety in the reef just off shore on the north end of the strip. Definately worth look into in my opinion.

We'll Sue, I vote that you throw out the opinons from the two of us that haven't dove there and go with the one opinion from somebody that has dove there. Now a trip report ?

adios

We are definately going and taking our gear. Leaving this Saturday. Will write upon return and let all know how it was for us.

Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom