Mdx-d300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danh2ophoto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am setting up my new MDX-D300 for the first time. I am leaving for Little Cayman in 2 weeks. I will be shooting with the D300 and housing. I will be shooting with my Nikor 60 MM with Dx macro port base and the dx macro port 50. I will also be shooting with my Sigma 10-20 mm, with the ss-56401 dome port. I was hoping to have my strobes YS110a's, but haven't the monies as yet. I am borrowing a Nikonos SB105. Does anyone have any suggestions. And is there anything I am overlooking to use the lens and ports I have. Thanks everyone.. Dan

This is not the correct port config for the 60mm,
these are the ports for the 105mmVR,
it might work, if it doesn't vignette.
The lens will sit too much inside the port, almost 2cm inside it,
and will make your macro shots a little more difficult.

I bought both, the DX macro port base and the DX macro port 50 in case I want to swithch to the 105 mm in the future. I only use the DX marco port for the 60 MM correct? I was able to scrap up enough money to purchase One YS-110a strobe today. So now I can use the 110a with the TTL III converter correct? Digital is all new to me I shot with a Sea & Sea Motor Marine II for years. So please help with any advice you might have. Thanks Dan

The DX + DXMP50 is for the 105mm.
The best one for the 60mm is the NX Compact Macro Port Base + CMP35.
The 105 will also work with the NXCMPB and the CMP 52 if you don't want the focus ring.
You don't really need the TTL converter to start. Just connect your YS110a to the black connector on the housing.
And if you are going to buy a TTL connector get the latest one, I think it is the TTL/N...

Dan-
Really you need to consult with an SLR SEA&SEA retailer for specific advice. In addition, the SLr system charts that are linked at the top of the forum are what is recommended for the supported lenses. Other options can work, but may not be ideal and could limit the image quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom