Medical Air Compressor for use in Swimming Pools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba cylinder on the pool deck with a long hose. You know it is good air, you know it is the right pressure, in a shallow pool it will last a very long time. Get a big obnoxious used tank.

I use scuba tanks instead of air compressors. Impact wrenches, inflating tires. Not that long ago there was a guy who only had a scuba compressor and wanted to sand his boat. Took about a dozen scuba tanks worth of air to sand an entire boat with an air sander. And air sanders use a lot of air. Many rebreather divers will use an air powered booster to refill there little rebreather bottles at home, many are driven by an old set of doubles. Refill a scuba tank to drive a booster to refill rebreather bottles.

Quick and dirty math, ½PSI per foot. Easier to figure out than using real math, and the answer is the same. 3 PSI above ambient.

I'm pretty sure that we are saying the same thing. Ambient pressure is about 15psi absolute, or 18psi absolute at 6'

Michael

That looks like exactly what you need.
20 years ago I saw some of Sheck Exley's gear get auctioned off.
Part of that was a standard 2nd stage hooked up to a braided 50' shop air hose that he had used in the past. It didn't kill him and if you make something similar, it probably won't kill you either.

Michael

Not sure about the specs for the TC-06 compressor,
in 1 line it says 1/4hp, on another line of the same page it says 50W. The difference is 136W.
At 50W there is no way it can output that much air at that pressure, at 1/4hp it's barely doable.
I'd call the company and ask for an explanation, hopefully it's not 50W continuous duty and 1/4hp peak power.

Michael

Having used a few air brushes in the past and the compressor needed to run them. It won't have enough volume. Not even close.

50 psi is too low you need over 100 to use a scuba regulator, normal IP is like 125-145

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom