Meg lost or stolen 8-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LetterBoy:
At least that is some comfort my friend, The poor S.O.B. probably has no idea what it is and will try it . . . with any luck he will not hook it up right and try it out. . . ohh did I say something mean? ohh well. . . Karma is a mother ****er sometimes. . .
Without being Meg trained they will have some serious problems. A guy certified on one did not put it together properly and promptly had a CO2 hit. He is lucky to be alive.

to be honest, the guy is going to have to figure out how to turn it on in the first place... that "on" switch on the head might help but if he aint too quick he wont figure it out let alone the sorb and then the computers

the real sad thing is, if it has been stolen - the guy might just throw it out as its too much trouble and thats just a waste of a beautiful unit

almitywife:
to be honest, the guy is going to have to figure out how to turn it on in the first place... that "on" switch on the head might help but if he aint too quick he wont figure it out let alone the sorb and then the computers

the real sad thing is, if it has been stolen - the guy might just throw it out as its too much trouble and thats just a waste of a beautiful unit

I hope the batteries were not in the unit. Talk about a real learning curve.

almitywife:

It's also quite likely that whoever has it doesn't have a clue what he has. Little danger of hurting himself if he doesn't know what it is for. And you're quite right, that he could toss it, without realizing it's value. :shakehead:

I also had a pair of fins and a small tool kit in the bag.... i suspect if the bag was stolen all he would keep was the tool kit and the fins... Hopefully it will still turn up. the rig was only 6 months old and i had it tweaked just right, i really don't want to go through the hassel and time of ordering all the new parts and putting them together.

He was probably after the Tumi bag. I pack my gear in cheap duffels.

we use my mums old paklite bags... big and red and screams little old lady and depends :wink: *touch wood*

Not that I am condoning this. . . But it would rock if the insurance comapny bought you a new one. . . and all the bells and whisles. . . and it showed back up. . . talk about a conundrum(sp) . . .

the problem is John that he finally got his rig just right for him, sorted out the trim and the bits that made him happy.

to restart is a pita..... but at least Sean's bouyancy wont suck this time when he first get it :wink:

almitywife:
the problem is John that he finally got his rig just right for him, sorted out the trim and the bits that made him happy.

to restart is a pita..... but at least Sean's bouyancy wont suck this time when he first get it :wink:

Err yeah but he would get his old rig back in a perfect world. . . but only after he got his new one. . . make sense?

Back
Top Bottom