Meg lost or stolen 8-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to give you the epilog,

I’ve got my rig back!

I got it back complete with a little wear and tear, the small plastic bracket for the HUD was broken and the scrubber canister had a mid column crack about 2” long. Other than that it seems alright.

Nearest I can determine here’s what happened….

Remember I was simply flying from Philadelphia to Miami to meet up with some friends and spend 3 days diving the keys, simple right?

My bag was checked through to Miami as it was supposed to be, but rather than come out on the carousel to be retrieved by me it was tagged with a special “expedite” tag labeled From: MIA (Miami) To: NAS (Nassau in the Bahamas)
with a note in a section called: information/instructions that said “give to Carnival”

Now I was not taking a carnival cruise, and I don’t know why the bag was intercepted at my final destination (Miami) retagged for Nassau and given to carnival. (without ever going out to baggage claim)

I got a call from carnival about a week ago and they left a msg asking which cruise I was on, and mentioning that they had my bag. I called them back and told them I wasn’t ever on any of their cruises and asked if they would send my bag to me. They said that since I wasn’t a guest and had not cruised with them that they could not arrange for shipping, however they would turn it over to a shipper for me after I made the arrangements.

I will pursue USAir for damages since it was their negligence that caused the problem.

Make sure you tell ISC about this. I mentioned this thread to Leon and he was not aware a meg had been stolen. They have ways of helping you

So cool!!! Now if Mikerault could find his camera, what a great week...

wow - a carribean holiday and you werent there!!

good news its been returned..... i hope you get some satisfaction in regards to repairs and trauma!

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to give you the epilog,

I’ve got my rig back!

I got it back complete with a little wear and tear, the small plastic bracket for the HUD was broken and the scrubber canister had a mid column crack about 2” long. Other than that it seems alright.

Nearest I can determine here’s what happened….

Remember I was simply flying from Philadelphia to Miami to meet up with some friends and spend 3 days diving the keys, simple right?

My bag was checked through to Miami as it was supposed to be, but rather than come out on the carousel to be retrieved by me it was tagged with a special “expedite” tag labeled From: MIA (Miami) To: NAS (Nassau in the Bahamas)
with a note in a section called: information/instructions that said “give to Carnival”

Now I was not taking a carnival cruise, and I don’t know why the bag was intercepted at my final destination (Miami) retagged for Nassau and given to carnival. (without ever going out to baggage claim)

I got a call from carnival about a week ago and they left a msg asking which cruise I was on, and mentioning that they had my bag. I called them back and told them I wasn’t ever on any of their cruises and asked if they would send my bag to me. They said that since I wasn’t a guest and had not cruised with them that they could not arrange for shipping, however they would turn it over to a shipper for me after I made the arrangements.

I will pursue USAir for damages since it was their negligence that caused the problem.

Go to the bahamas, make sure the Meg is OK by diving it in the bahamas and charge USAir.

Good to see you and the Meg re-united. :lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom