Mega vs Chedraui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do either of these stores carry mattress pads?

The Office mgr from my dive shop has looked around. She said all she can find on the island are the 'cheap' foam pads verses the memory foam type that I'm looking for. She'll order one for me and have it waiting when I arrive. Now that's top-notch service!

If you can, find time to visit the old Mercado back a few blocks @ Salas & 20. Very lively, especially in the morning. Extremely fresh food sold by local people.

Both Mega and Ched have a "gourmet" / import section also.
If you need wasabi or something esle you cant find.

I like the variety of honey available, and often bring some home.
I buy honey ( miel) from a local hardware store. Its from the Yucatan and real good. I asked them if they just repackage it from the big bottles you can get at Sams.....they laughed and laughed.

This may just be piling on at this point, but I have a slight preference for Mega. I stay north of town and always rent a car, so distance doesn’t mean much. Mega looks nicer, has better lighting, etc., which, admittedly, doesn’t make the food any better. Mega does have a more interesting beer collection, at least for those of us who like craft(ish) beers. I also like the bakery better, although they no longer seem to have my favorite bread, the whole loaf pan integral. Sometimes Mega is out of avocados, or the cilantro looks crappy, or something, and I make a second stop at Chedraui. Chedraui’s produce might actually be a little better. If I were staying right across the street, I don’t think I would go out of my way for one or the other.
I think Chedraui has better beer selection.... go in the isle that is beside the main liquor isle. All kinds of different ones.

I think Chedraui has better beer selection.... go in the isle that is beside the main liquor isle. All kinds of different ones.
The beer in the cooler at Ched always seemed warmer than at Mega.

As far as beer selection is concerned, either they have Bohemia Oscura or they don't. :D

When I was there in April, neither Mega nor Chedraui had it, and neither did anyone else.

they laughed and laughed.
Does Mega still have those "tilted" shopping carts with the cool rear wheels that lock into the movable ramp as you go up/down to the 2nd floor? Always thought those were a great idea that I hadn't seen in other stores.

Does Mega still have those "tilted" shopping carts with the cool rear wheels that lock into the movable ramp as you go up/down to the 2nd floor? Always thought those were a great idea that I hadn't seen in other stores.
Yes, of course. You'd have trouble taking a standard shopping cart down that slidewalk ramp without having a big pileup at the bottom. Whole Foods here in Austin has the same setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom