Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Take the glass."

Guys, that tote o' rum is sitting in Padipro's garage........given his attendance record, if you want me to collect it from him this weekend and pass it on to someone who WILL get it to the Megadive, just say the word......then again, you may be able to get a "pass-off" going next weekend at Tenneco......

It looks like the river is trying to return to normal, but it probably won't be diveable by Megadive. Many nearby springs are still gator havens, but Ginnie is supposed to be nice. I hope to drive out there and look around ths upcoming week. The house is set for a "penciled in" closing a week from today on the 29th. If all goes well, we'll be moved in before megadive so fridges and freezers, spare coolers, and anything else we may need will only be a few miles away.
As for items to help with,... charcoal, lighter fluid, chicken leg quarters, regular sodas; Pepsi, Coke, Mountain Dew, Root Beer, Mellow Yellow, (although I refuse to be responsible for my own actions after downing a 2-liter of that one), and bottled water. I will pick up a few gallons of cooking water.
We could also use hefty brand 150-count foam plates, and paper towels. I have cups, plasticware and trashbags. I also have a good number of coolers. I have two 3-5 day coolers now, thx to the Stormtoberfest event. Any breakfast stuff you may want will be cool. I will be cooking omelets/scrambled/however eggs for those that want them and we could use some bacon and/or sausages for breakfast. I usually snag Rogerwood Mild links. It runs about three bucks a box. If anyone wants anything other than chicken, ie: burgers/hot dogs, feel free to bring some and I will grill them up. Sides like potato or macaroni salads or baked beans wll be good also.
I am gradually building a stockpile of Megadive supplies so that eventully, we will not need to get anything but sides. With this new property, I'll be getting a large hobby shed dropped or built onsite which will house scuba gear and megadive/camp stuff.
As of May 4th we will NOT have basic phone! I may have that extended if we don't get the closing done before then. I will be reachable on my cell at 352 281 4879. I check emails at work, and the board/pm's so drop me a line if you need to. I will be off work on Fiday the 13th and will be at Ginnie, so any last minute notes online after Thursday may get missed. At the very least, post it here and hopefully someone local will read it and can help.
A note on "picking things up"...
is anyone bringing the banner?
Bueller? Bueller?

I am hoping to be there. My accomodations have been attended to. Is there room for a native Californian who has been transplanted to Virginia?

Mark Vlahos

We love to meet folks from other parts of the country.

OK KEN
Count on us for 200 hefty plastic plates and paper towels(5 rolls enough) and we will also bring potatoes salad for the sidedish.
We also will be bringing breakfast and lunch goodies.
Also since you have got us campsites with power. Do you have a big electric coffee pot to make the mud in the morning. If you or someone else do not, we can bring our little electric pot to help speed up making coffee in the morning or night.

The plan so far is to arrive around noon on Friday.

i actually was the one who told Mark about our gathering, and i invited him to come,
so...

i take credit!

H2Andy:
i actually was the one who told Mark about our gathering, and i invited him to come,
so...

i take credit!

Hey Andy,

Have you gotten a wing yet? I will bring my spare and you can give it a try if you want.

Mark Vlahos

cardzard:
since you have got us campsites with power. Do you have a big electric coffee pot to make the mud in the morning. If you or someone else do not, we can bring our little electric pot to help speed up making coffee in the morning or night.

Scoutmasters, eaglescouts and Mountain Men of yesteryear forgive this man for his disrespect of the great outdoors. He has spent too much time under florescent lights and in hard soled shoes!

COme brother... sit by the fireside.. pull up a log and enjoy the dancing black liquid of the fireside perculator! Do you not remember the maxwell house jingle?? Dode do da do doot doot... good to the last drop... with the glass top filling with the black magic.

I accuse you not nor riducule thee for I have sinned too oh brother.. I prepare the bean on the coleman stove.. for I am a sinner too.. but I will not shed my perculator I can not abandon my heathen ways of fire,water and bean!

Juan Valdez hear our prayer.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom