Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years tech diving: 10 deep air 0.5 Trimix
No of deco dives ~80ish.
Tech instructor No.
Trimix. Yes.
Rebreathers. No
Caves. No.

Currently doing quite a bit of wrecks (including overhead environment) and some cavern. Doing solo (training is catching up) every once in a while, and will do hipoxyc trimix as soon as I get some more experience with normoxyc trimix (down to 18% oxy). Fairly confident of my aquatic skills I have been diving now for 33 years .... but often scared by how much there is yet to learn.

Cheers
Fabio

Years tec diving: 1

No of deco dives: ~20
Tec instructor? not yet(intro to tec)
Trimix? kind of (helitrox )
Rebreathers? No
Caves? trying to find them :)
Other comments: Dive in South India, doing mostly padi Ow/Aow and on the off days some fun deep(30-40mt) diving on our wall, got into tech to be able to stay at that depth longer, did the side mount/ helitrox deco course with steve here in india, lots of fun. love learning new things and addicted to being underwater :)

Hi there, a quick introduction

Name: Mark Thomson
Years Tec diving: 2
No deco dives: 20ish
Tec Instructor: No
Trimix: Not yet... convincing myself that the 'breather will save on those expensive TMx fills :wink:
Rebreathers: Yes (JJ-CCR)
Caves: One day
Other Comments: Can't resist the allure of buckets of rusty metal lying on the seabed....

Cheers
Mark

Years tec diving: 2
No of deco dives: 200+
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? Yes
Rebreathers? No
Caves? No
Other comments: I dive to hunt lionfish or to teach. I got into tec diving in order to see what is down deeper than most people will ever see. I love the feeling I get when I'm looking up from the deep, to the surface, along a 200 ft wall, through the muted blue colors. It's my own not-so secret place (but feels kind of secret) that most others are too afraid to go and technical diving is the only way to get there.

Hi All,

Been diving for a few years and am not a fussy diver, if there's water, I'm in!
Tech started in 2005 with Adv. Nitrox and Deco. Then went via the cave route and got Full Cave in 2010.

Hugo

Suddenly realized I had been accepted into the group. Suppose an introduction is in its place.
I am Ingrid. Live in Oslo, Norway, and do most of my diving in drysuit/coldwater conditions. I am currently working in EMS dispatch, and studying to be a Nurse Anesthetist.
I started diving in 2011. First pool day after working dispatch on the the 22/7 massacre in Norway. Figured that anything that could make all that horror disappear was worth hanging on to. Fast forward to nov 2012, where I meet a GUE instructor for the first time and proclaim that I will NEVER need doubles as I will NEVER go below 30m... (Deep dark and scary you know...) That lasted untill Jan 2013 when my first doubles were acquired and GUE-F with a rather surprising tech pass (to me atleast) completed in April. By September 2013 I finished Tech 1 in Oslo with Instructor Gunnar Midtgaard. My motivation atm is trying to combine tech/wreck/photo. Learning a little bit at the time, whilst working towards T2 in the future.

Deco diving: 2 yrs (Staged deco... just 1 year..)
Caves: Trying my best to stay away! I know its gonna be 1 try and hooked.. and cant afford it atm.
No. of staged deco dives: ~25
No. cave dives: 0
Tech instructor: Never
Trimix: GUE Tech 1
Rebreathers: Not necessary...yet
Other comments: - Has made it a personal quest to always spot a critter, like a nudie or shrimp to show a GUE diver on deco after wreck dives. They always facepalm :)

Hi, I'm Pat.
Just got tec certified last month.
Only have 8 tec dives (excluding the training dives) at the moment.
Maxed at 70m on air.
No trimix or caves yet.

Nice to meet you all.

Good to see you here!!

Name: Ralf
Diving since: 2010
Reason for diving: I am a caver and one day I encountered a sump.

Type of diving: Until now I've mostly dived locally under ice (40 times) and in flooded mines (50 times) and less in muddy sumps (12 days). The water is cold (+4c) and the visibility is sometimes poor - a couple of meters to begin with. Some dives I've done eyes closed and by feel: some sumps and some search and recovery dives in a river. In a strange way, it's addicting. I'm using a sidemount harness and 7L or 12L steel cylinders. Haven't really needed any trimix yet but my stage cylinder and helmet have proven to be very usefull. I'm not interested in fish or wrecks at the moment, so I do almost no dives at sea.

Future plans: I have the opportunity to do more sump diving next summer when we'll do multi-sump dives to perhaps install some detectors and do some digging in the dry passages beyond. That will be fun. Just wondering to which D-ring to attach the spade :confused: Untill then I'll dive in the local muddy river and in some mines. I'll perhaps take a normoxic course too, as the local mines are quite deep.

You can find the boring facts in my profile.

Last edited:
Hi all;

Years tec diving: Since May 2014
No of deco dives: Before certifed ~10, After certified also ~10. I really to get out more :)
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? No
Rebreathers? No, I wish I could afford one though...
Caves? Hell no
Other comments: Wrecks, Wrecks and more wrecks... Got into to 'tech' more for extended time at 90 feet then a depth thing. I dive the wonderful Northeast (Long Island, North Atlantic, etc.). Cold & Dark. I'm thinking of getting the license plate BDVZDVR.

Future: Might do trimix, but also thinking of retiring next year :) so we shall see

Adolph

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom