Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Egypt was fantastic. The feeling of all that history in the air, just can't describe it. We did the one week cruise and also went out to lots of places a good ways away from the Nile. Enjoyed it soooo much that I went back 3x in one year....Only sad thing is that I had a 1.3mp camera back then :(

justleesa:
Yes, Egypt was fantastic. We did the one week cruise and also went out to lots of places a good ways away from the Nile. Enjoyed it soooo much that I went back 3x in one year....Only sad thing is that I had a 1.3mp camera back then :(
I was still shooting film. That was one of the most expensive trips I ever had to the lab. Worth every penny, though. We only cruised 3 days, the rest of two weeks spent traveling from Alexandria south to Abu Simbel. I want to go back and dive Alexandria.

Didn't do Abu Simbel (that way I have a reason to go back :D) but did Cairo and did the desert safari to the nomads....THAT WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Sunset in the desert, the nomads hosted us, fantastic food. On the way back we stopped in the middle of the desert, turned off all lights and put on some music to dance...The stars, the atmosphere...
You'll have to scan a few pics :D

justleesa:
Didn't do Abu Simbel (that way I have a reason to go back :D) but did Cairo and did the desert safari to the nomads....THAT WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Sunset in the desert, the nomads hosted us, fantastic food. On the way back we stopped in the middle of the desert, turned off all lights and put on some music to dance...The stars, the atmosphere...

I am so jealous! We didn't get to do any desert safari, although we did ride camels.:D Funny, they were all named "Charlie Brown". Sounds like you got treated pretty well. What an experience.

A person could spend years in that place and never see everything they want to see. The history alone is incredible, let alone the culture.

believe me...if it hadn't of been me I would be jealous too :blush:. I hope that I can take Roger there someday...do we need an Egyptian vacation thread??

Hey, you're a mod, can't you do anything you want? LOL!

Love the photo of Tut. Did you see it in the Cairo Museum, too?

PS: The funniest thing...one of the nomads walked around reading hands and our of your eyes...I don't believe in that stuff and thought ok, for kicks. Scared the crayola out of me - she told me stuff that was true and that I had not willing to admit...How could she have known that???

:D
justleesa:
believe me...if it hadn't of been me I would be jealous too :blush:. I hope that I can take Roger there someday...do we need an Egyptian vacation thread??

hey leesa, just a thought, since there are a lot of people into photography...why not suggest a topside photography section (jam has something similar to that in the PPD section)? topside skills complement uw skills anyway. :D

I doubt that we could get a forum for it (then again if the demand was big enough) but you can post topside stuff where ever you want. I post surface pictures in our Talk Story forum :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom