Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night sitting in the lani waiting for the opossums to come one came but was extremely cautious. It moved very slowly sniffing the air every couple of steps. I had seen this behavior before and it usually means there is another opossum somewhere near and it is usually the bigger one that will get the food they will not share. So I am looking along the edge of the bushes to see where the other one is, nothing. Then I see a slight movement under a bush. I creep forward cross over to the other side of the pool to get a better look, it looks like a bit of dead vegetation then it moves. It’s a Raccoon laying on its side like its dead or injured and some of the cat food had gone. At first I thought it was laying in ambush for the Opossum who by now was about five feet from it, every time the Opossum moved a set the Raccoon would lift its head look around then lay down again. I taped on the metal post of the bird cage around the pool and the Opossum took off, the Raccoon just looked in my direction then laid its head down again. My wife and I started talking about what to do with it if it was injured when it got up and took about five steps away from us, it must be ok.
I ran in the house got the camera and let myself out of the lani into the back yard about 16 ft from the Raccoon. The Raccoon came back to the cat food and never batted an eye whilst I spent the next 10 min taking photographs with a flash.

Great story there. Any chance we could see the pics?

Same here. Waiting on those pics.

Yes there will be as soon as I can. at the moment every time I try it tells me upload of file failed, no explanation why.

Yes there will be as soon as I can. at the moment every time I try it tells me upload of file failed, no explanation why.

Are you able to upload them to FLickr or PhotoBucket and post them? I know SB has been having issues with their gallery so that might be the reason for your errors.

Are you able to upload them to FLickr or PhotoBucket and post them? I know SB has been having issues with their gallery so that might be the reason for your errors.

I don't have any other accounts so nowhere to upload to, no problem attaching to a email. I am also having trouble when I get email notifications of a posting to a subscribed thread, I get the same email about 6-7 times. This only happens on SB mail.?????

This is one of the photos that cdiver2 is looking to share. I will post the others for him once I have them.

4820937587_b4d2a03bea.jpg

And the other photos for cdiver2 (these are clickable thumbnails :wink:):

Very nice!

photographing surfers is more dangerous than the surfing, lol

Top shelf blog too, btw

You might like this one, my friend Brian Bielman in Hawaii took...wave breaking, surfers

bb20060502sl_0238.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom