Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have to agree with everyone, Jon. Stunning images.
Soggy, also agree. She looks ready to kick butt. :)

Guys, I'm kinda in a state of shock here. Just received my new baby & I have been staring at it for about an hour. Totally intimidated. Gone to read the manual. Hopefully I'll be able to show some pics in the near future.

0121_194658.jpg

Marc

awesome marc! :D

Marc that D700 is amazing!! Takes pictures of itself :). More great images Jon - you have a great talent.

Elephant seal mom with twins from San Simeon CA this week:
4294796458_ecbc39d28c_o.jpg

Marc that D700 is amazing!! Takes pictures of itself :).
Told you I was lost. I pressed one button & it did that.:)

Seriously though, in anticipation to getting it, I downloaded the manual & went through it several time. I swear, the moment I took it out the box, I couldn't remember a thing.

I look forward to seeing pictures Marc. I would be in a whole world of hurt if I brought that home :D.....although I often think it might be worth the pain :rofl3:

I hope you are a speed reader with great recall, the manual on D300 takes days & days to read and I still only kmow 10%. I expect the 700 will be worse.

But it will be well worth the effort.

Have to agree with everyone, Jon. Stunning images.
Soggy, also agree. She looks ready to kick butt. :)

Guys, I'm kinda in a state of shock here. Just received my new baby & I have been staring at it for about an hour. Totally intimidated. Gone to read the manual. Hopefully I'll be able to show some pics in the near future.

0121_194658.jpg

Marc

I hope you are a speed reader with great recall, the manual on D300 takes days & days to read and I still only kmow 10%. I expect the 700 will be worse.

That's the thing Victor. In anticipation of getting it, I found the manual online and read it several times, but it litterally flew out of my head the moment I took it out of the box. I just sat there staring blankly at it. lol

Anyway after doing a bit of reading, I finally got around to taking a few shots in my sis' home.
This is my first attempt with a couple of wooden figures that originally came from South Africa. I located them near a window & took a couple of shots with the 105mm. However, due to a overcast day, I thought the pics came out quite flat, so I decided to try HDR to see if it would be an improvement in this situation. Something I never attempted before. Didn't even know photoshop could do it until the night before (it seems everone uses another popular program, photomatrix I think). Below is the result.

Statute.jpg

Used the bracket freature with 3 exposures. Did minor adjustment during conversion to the gamma & saturation.
No cropping.
Comments welcomed.

I love it Marc, I really do. The HDR processing is only half the excellence of this shot, the composition and shallow DoF makes it great. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom