Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the Armadillo!!!!

They are difficult to photograph, easy to approach but they have there heads buried in the ground most of the time. They remind me of a snow plow going through a big snow drift, lots of snow flying through the air obscuring the front of the plow and all you see is the back of it. I think they also have no sense of direction :D trying to get in front of them is near impossible its two steps this way, then turn to the right, three steps, now do a 180 degree turn, four steps and then start off back the way it came...for a couple of steps.

I have never coverd so much ground...... and still been in the same location.

Do you have them in SA?

A couple shots from the last couple weekends:

Thatcher Island from Loblolly Cove (with my favorite filter)

The contrasting architectures of The Hancock Building and the Copley Plaza with the full moon and an American flag:

I took a bunch more at Loblolly, but haven't had a chance to edit them up satisfactorily. B&W is a lot of work!

Do you have them in SA?
No we don't. We have a somewhat similar animal called the Pangolin but they are EXTREMELY rare and I have yet to see one - despite having spent countless hours in the bush.

I saw an Armadillo in Florida once but it was walking along the side of the freeway so I couldn't exactly stop to savour the moment. I also saw a roadkill in Arizona but those don't count. I'd give my two front teeth to see a Pangolin.

No we don't. We have a somewhat similar animal called the Pangolin but they are EXTREMELY rare and I have yet to see one - despite having spent countless hours in the bush.

I saw an Armadillo in Florida once but it was walking along the side of the freeway so I couldn't exactly stop to savour the moment. I also saw a roadkill in Arizona but those don't count. I'd give my two front teeth to see a Pangolin.

Pangolin?, I will have to look that up. I got a supprise with the Armadillos, I visited a nature park in the center of St Petersburg Fl for the first time and what a supprise, there where Armadillos every where. Maybe its that time of year, there was a lot of chasing going on :D. Three diffrent types of snakes in one day and a number of gators.
All this in the center of a city. The things I am looking for is a Fl Panther, a River Otter and a Bob cat, one was seen a couple of weeks ago in the small town that I live in. One can only live and hope.
Good luck with the Pangolin.

What a job focusing in the dark

Attachments

• Opos.jpg
    Opos.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 64

Back
Top Bottom