Mesh Bag - Backpack or Duffel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duffel >>>> With Wheels
It scrunch's down to fit below any boat seat. and the wheels make walking to your car/hotel so easy.

Armor-roller-duffel.jpg

What's in your wallet? Not much in mine, so I use a $39 duffle with backpack straps.
I have the same one - really can't beat it for the price. Love the dry pocket which so many mesh bags don't have -- don't need a separate dry bag for wallet, phone, keys, dive log, etc.. Once it's on my back I hardly feel it even with full gear. And the company really stands behind their products -- they sent me a new bag very quickly at no charge when my old one's zipper gave out after around 2 years of use (Edit: almost 3 years).

Only downside is with my big-boy sized BCD and neoprene I have to be a bit careful how I pack it -- can't just throw things in there compared to some huge duffels. But not really a problem, I still manage to get my 5mm wetsuit, hood, boots, gloves, 3mm vest, BCD, regs, Mares Quattro fins, mask box, etc. all in there and get it zipped up (but it's tight).

Backpack or duffel? Get both. I've got a Cressi Roatan that can be carried like a backpack or like a duffel. Can access stuff through the top like a backpack or through a zipper down the side like a duffel.

The wheeled ones are nice but take up too much space and weight in luggage, if your trip involves flying to your destination.

I prefer a duffle, but with long enough handles, I can sling it easily over the shoulders without an additional strap. I prefer the larger opening on a duffle versus the backpack style.

I have what I consider to be the best bag, size wise, unfortunately the company that made it is no longer in business. Fortunately, it is very well made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom