Mesh Bag - Backpack or Duffel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ours are Trident Aquacraft extra large ballistic mesh duffels. Ample for full kit, carrying strap + handles, rolls up to go under boat seat or behind bulkhead. I think they're out of production, but there are some on eBay.

The big daddy is a Stahlsac Curaco that has a LOT of room, dedicated fin pockets on the sides and a robust pull handle and roller wheel system... That "checked" bag gets me and the bulk of everything I need to my designation. My reg sets, camera gear and mask always go into carry-on...

CqYQyxK.jpg
Hmm so you use a soft bag to check-in your expensive gear with no fear of crushing weight of other luggage on top of it in the cargo hold? Moreover I saw videos where locked zippers can be easily slit open with a ballpoint pen by sliding the tip between the teeth.

Good news is that I got a pelican like Italian case cheaper than Euro pricing in Europe currently - a brand called Max (probably imported before dollar currency spiked). The bad news is that it weighs 8.5 kgs! So I am still debating if I should just use my Samsonite hard case luggage (approx 4.2 kg) for my scuba gear instead and get a smaller soft duffel bag for my clothing to sling over the hard case trolley handle. This adds about 55usd to my International flight tickets one way… sigh! Right now even without stuffing everything SCUBA I got it weighs a whopping 22kgs..(8.5kgs case weight included)!

A basic mesh bag and this :
No problem finding black gear in a black bag, you can see it from space.
1-duffel.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom