Mexico Beach Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkramer

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going up to visit my niece in the Mexico Beach area, in June. Any recommendations for dive ops in the area would be appreciated. Also, is there any shore diving to speak of? Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Dunno, but the town is called Mexico Beach, not Mexico City Beach--unless there's another one I'm not familiar with.

You are right, it is Mexico Beach............Thanks.

Panama city beach isn't too far away. There are a lot of dive shops.... I've been out with Panama City Divers and Diver's Den. Both are good with good staff, but I like Panama City Beach Divers boat better: it's a Newton.

The jetties in St Andrews state park can be beach dove. Search for posts by Skeptic14 or call one of the shops for details

There used to be a fish/dive outfit out of Port St Joe that could get you out on a wreck (I forget the name of the shop and the wreck). I never dove with them and instead went to PC as mentioned above.

Shore diving is sand although you can sometimes see some life on the ocean side of the sand bar.

My LDS usually goes through Panama City Dive Center

I only know Dive Locker in PCB. Good op. There used to be a pontoon rental place on St. Joseph Bay near Port St. Joe that allowed scuba diving from their rental boats in the bay, but last time I checked they only allowed snorkelling from their boats. Mex. Beach is just over the line in Central Time Zone. I tried snorkeling from shore there once--very poor viz, unlike Destin area. You may get more posts in Deep Dixie Divers (SE USA).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom