Mickey Mouse Diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked this dive on my birthday while taking my kids to WDW. This was part of a trip that had been planned months in advance. As others have pointed out, it'd be a really cool thing for your kids to see you underwater (which will require an Epcot park admission on their part).

Unfortunately for us, the day of the dive my young daughter was terribly sick and wasn't even up to the short monorail ride to Epcot. And you absolutely, positively cannot rebook your tour. Plan accordingly, I don't think the tours are exactly filling up in advance right now. It's possible to book the tour as late as the the afternoon on the day of the tour if space is available, and the cost is the same either way. (407) WDW-TOUR

I did this dive last year. I work for the Mouse (in an office, though) and our boss took us as a 'Team Building' exercise. Whoo!

Fun stuff, but I'm not sure I would have paid the $175 for it myself. I don't really thrill to the whole 'waving at kids through the glass' thing, but it was a neat experience regardless.

Plus, it was lazy-man's diving at it's best. Not only did they have all your gear set up and waiting, but they hoisted it onto your back, too. Heck, they even had warm towels waiting for you when you stepped out of the water! Fancy schmancy!

We bought the vid, which was kinda meh. It was mostly stock footage on the disc. There was only about 15 seconds of each of us in it, but I cut it down to just me, added a new sound track, and put it up on YouTube here: YouTube - EPCOT DiveQuest - May 29, 2008

I know a number of folk that have done this, and had a great time. There are discount coupons available (or were) so maybe someone will post some info on that. It knocks down the price quite a bit. I also think you get a days admission to Epcot, which is worth some bucks.

The downsides are that the dive is short, and expensive for a 30' tank. But I think you will have a blast. I would also suggest diving off the East coast of FL! You could be in Jupiter in less than 3 hours, and THAT IMO is worth a trip.
Ron, I agree some of the best diving anywhere is found on the SE FL Coast, but would not give a recommendation to Jupiter for new divers. I've experienced way too many new, or rusty divers with no business diving there.

West Palm, Boynton, Pompano, FTL, the Keys, sure.

But Jupiter is deep, the currents can be strong, good boyancy skills are key, plus you have a good chance of large animal encounters, etc - just not the place for someone who's profile suggests less than 25 dives, the majority (if not all) inland, lake dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom