Mid Atlantic Diving Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of you talking about diving in Morehead City are upsetting me. I was stationed there for 3 years, but didn't get into diving until I came here to Guam. I've read a lot of interesting articles on the wrecks in NC and wish I would have done my cert in NC. I have just received orders to Norfolk, VA, so I'll be looking into doing some colder water diving(atleast colder than what I'm used to). I still have a lot of friends in Morehead where I lived, so I'll never have to pay for a hotel. I can make the drive from Norfolk in 2 and a half hours.
You're not trying to get sympathy for having to dive in guam are you? :D

i'll have to keep my eye out on this thread as i have been in the northern va area and have not dove locally at all. i usually dive warm water, but might have to suck it up and get out to rawlings or one of the local spots this summer.

also, if anyone is heading down to morhead city/NC for some diving please let me know. great diving down there!

Me and a buddy are going down the 23rd-ish of August...cant remember the exact date, it's Friday. We are going with Olympus.

All of you talking about diving in Morehead City are upsetting me. I was stationed there for 3 years, but didn't get into diving until I came here to Guam. I've read a lot of interesting articles on the wrecks in NC and wish I would have done my cert in NC. I have just received orders to Norfolk, VA, so I'll be looking into doing some colder water diving(atleast colder than what I'm used to). I still have a lot of friends in Morehead where I lived, so I'll never have to pay for a hotel. I can make the drive from Norfolk in 2 and a half hours.

Well when you get here post up & we will do some diving off Va. Beach. Not as good as NC, but still very good, & can be home in 10 minutes from boat.:D:D
You can get to Morehead in 2 1/2 hours. Hmm I drive pretty fast & it takes me close to 4.
I think you will find traffic will put a crimp in that time line unless you travel during late or early hours, which I do.

Hey, folks...I'm heading back to Cancun to do a week of diving in June, but want to try some local diving first, as it's the first experience I'll be doing since getting certified in February, and I want to assemble and get used to my gear locally. Diver's Den...I really would be interested in the drysuit course, so please PM me.

Well when you get here post up & we will do some diving off Va. Beach. Not as good as NC, but still very good, & can be home in 10 minutes from boat.:D:D
You can get to Morehead in 2 1/2 hours. Hmm I drive pretty fast & it takes me close to 4.
I think you will find traffic will put a crimp in that time line unless you travel during late or early hours, which I do.

Honestly I make it in about 2 1/2 hours. I go up the 17. I used to drive up there about once a month. I would visit my Navy buddies and go to a lot of Admirals games at the Scope. If I hit rush hour it was always longer, but I averaged about 2 1/2 hours, Maybe 3.

You're not trying to get sympathy for having to dive in guam are you? :D

The only sympathy I would want, is for the fact that I don't get to do it enough. Work always seems to get in the way. I'm sure is 99% of you have the same problem.

Princess & Others,

I would definitely be interested in doing Rawlings this summer if any of y'all need a buddy. The only problem is that I usually go during the week rather than the weekends (my work schedule is kind of wierd). Rawlings is acutally better during the week because it is less crowded.

If anyone is up for some mid-week diving at Rawlings, VA Beach, or Nags Head, please let me know!

Cheerz!

Spady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom