Midlife crisis, Cocoview July 2011, yippee!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want a midlife crisis too. I missed having one. I didn't buy a Corvette, or have an affair. I was just too boring.

The water column will be thick with critters.

What a great alternate perspective for those wanting gin clear water.

I want a midlife crisis too. I missed having one. I didn't buy a Corvette, or have an affair. I was just too boring.

So, ReefTank, just bite the bullet and do it :D If you have spouse and children, tell them you're going to have a midlife crisis, pick the dates, and book the tickets. I chose CCV because of Doc's hand-drawn map. They can grab a mask and snorkel, and be out in view of the cabins & walkway all day long, looking at little fishies, while I'm out just a bit further, diving to safety stop depth, and staying there until I'm almost OOA :eyebrow:

Budget: About $900 for airfare (unless you're using airline points), $1300 for accomodations (don't forget to add the 16% tax), $ for gratuities. For me, no shopping, but the spouse and child will certainly want to spend $ for stuff. If your budget is tight, there are resorts more economical than CCV, but I'm treating myself. (Got a bonus about 11 months ago that I didn't get to spend).

For me, no shopping, but the spouse and child will certainly want to spend $ for stuff.

Unfortunately for you, the shopping will be brought to your family- right at the resort.

Each day, a different island artisan shows up, sometimes two. They are scheduled in a weekly rotation, and it's more of a juried art show than anything else. These merchants have been chosen among the many who work on the islands.

Along with material items to consider, on the first day, the ladies show up to do hair braiding with the bead dealies. They come back also on the last day- so your wife will have something to take back home and show off, as well.

IMG_4230.jpg
P1010829.jpg
P1010832.jpg
IMG_3309.jpg

I've been living in a continuous mid-life crisis for the last 9 years!!
Hate to think of what I'd be spending my money on if I weren't a diver/traveler :)

I just might have a look at Roatan next year for a quickie in between SE Asia trips.
Too bad the flight itins to get there from my city are so stupid.

I've been living in a continuous mid-life crisis for the last 9 years!!
Hate to think of what I'd be spending my money on if I weren't a diver/traveler :)

I just might have a look at Roatan next year for a quickie in between SE Asia trips.
Too bad the flight itins to get there from my city are so stupid.

Hey Midget!

I have appreciated the advice/input you have given me on the Indonesia forum with regard to our October, 2011 trip there. It's so nice to have a venue such as ScubaBoard where we can find out inside information from fellow scuba divers we can trust.

I would be happy to return the favor and answer any Roatan questions you might have. The diving in Asia is phenomenal, but I have to tell you that Roatan is also pretty amazing. While we enjoyed diving the Great Barrier Reef, we actually prefer Roatan. Let me know if I can help you in any way :D

Thanks, Diva! I want to do some dive trips closer to home, and I look forward to exploring more of the Carib. I'll indeed be hitting you up for advice because I don't know the first thing about the Bay Islands.

Indonesia is gonna blow your dive booties off!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I've heard the GBR is inferior to the good Indo diving. You'll have to tell me when you get back.)
What Indo offers topside is brilliant, too.
Delicious food, sweet fun-loving people, dramatic scenery, and wildlife.
Would go again in September, but will be dropping in on the Philippines instead.

Take care at Fantasy Island ....... spoiled girl :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom