Miflex 26 inch HP hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NautilusCairns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any chance of Miflex producing a 26 inch HP hose? A 24 inch is too short for an SPG mounted on the left side and clipped on the BC belt from a single tank.

Not on mine, you must be longer than me:wink:. Contact Miflex in the UK they will make customs lengths for the LP not sure about the HP, although I'm sure anything is possible, for a price. I know you can buy 26" in rubber but I guess it's a Miflex hose you're after.

---------- Post added June 9th, 2013 at 05:35 AM ----------

Scroll down the page, DGX sell a 26" Miflex esque HP hose, quality is the same. You get stung around $30 US for freight but given the price on the hose is cheaper than Miflex might still be woth it.

Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express

---------- Post added June 9th, 2013 at 06:01 AM ----------

Oops, sorry XS Scuba just realised I'm in your forum. I apologise for recommending another brand.

Thanks I have seen the DGX site, but I like the look of the new Miflex hoses. The 24 inch hose (rubber) I have currently is just that little bit too short to see and get to the SPG easily.

Thanks for the question. We do offer the Miflex Carbon HD hose in 24" as you noted. The next size up from there is the 30". We have not taken any other requests for a 26" so it is not likely to be a size we will be offering soon. Custom lengths are not possible for small quantities, as the hose are manufactured in Italy.

We do offer the DuoKev model in a 26" length. Retail price is $40, so it should save you some money on price also. The material is very solid though not quite as flexible as the Miflex. Both hose are about 8mm in diameter and weight is very similar too.

Hope this is a good option for you if the 30" Miflex is too long for your needs.

Take care and dive well.

I use the DuoKev and although as pointed out by XS they are not braided they are a well made robust hose. After the trouble Miflex had with the previous generation HP hose I went off them. I know the issue is supposed to have be solved with the latest version.

Thank you both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom