miflex colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1664384026482.png
'Might try Hi-Vis Yellow on one tank, and Mellow Yellow on other.šŸ’›

I have mostly had high pressure myflex hoses burst on me ,so stopped using them.
Had a long hose myflex that was chafing my neck raw,when I wasnā€™t wearing a hood so stopped using that too.
I literally had a low inflation hose fail that I purchased last summer ,just last week, after I was all geared up in the water with scooter. Last time for me using those hoses.

I'd avoid yellow hoses except for the alternate second stage, so as not to confuse people. Similarly, I'd avoid green or white, since it means oxygen to many people.
So like the hep kids wear them rubber bands to denote various sexual proclivities, no green or white hoses, but would purple, blue, pink, or orange be acceptable?

I am nothing if not stylish.

Having been a ā€œdonorā€ of air underwater many more times than I can count, i can assure you that not once did the ā€˜needy diverā€™ look at hose color before ripping my (primary, main) reg set out of my mouth. Just real-world stuff.

Specious.

C34F1C67-8F9F-4FEA-BE54-BFB44A4929A2.jpeg

Things are not that black and white. Since rubber hoses have very few problems, and braided hose have many more, does that not make rubber hoses less risky? Given your "all gear has problems" I guess you just have to give up diving.
If you say so on both regards šŸ˜‚

Rubber hoses last longer, are not prone to kinking, and don't abrade seals of skin.
Get black rubber hoses and forget the mi-flex.
I need to agree. My experience with mi-flex hoses include excessive wearing around the connection to the high pressure fitting after very little use. I am sticking with black rubber hoses.

Iā€™ve had 3 high pressure hoses burst that were on my deco bottles . Mind You I bend them like a u ,and bind it with a rubber band so my gauge is positioned right.
They have luckily never burst while diving but usually as Iā€™m gearing up and open the bottle, and bang. I have witnessed a few other divers on boat have the same thing happen to them.
This never happened with the rubber ones even after many years of use.
Usually the rubber hoses will start to have visual cracks way before any failures and when they do fail itā€™s mostly a minute stream of small bubble at the start.
I was really pissed a few weeks ago when I was all geared up ,and in the water with my deco clipped on and scooter ready to go and my wing Inflator failed.I had to get back out again, remove my gear replace with a rubber hose ,not the proper size ,that I had in my reg bag. I got that one last summer because I adjusted the length of my wing inflator and that was the only type they had in the right length and I never had a low pressure myflex issues before. This was the last straw for me on those hoses.

Are they flotte even at depth?

Back
Top Bottom