"Miflex" hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I read a review about these in a British diving magazine, which was clearly wowed by them* and declared them to be the way of the future - tougher, you can tie them in knots, last longer etc.

XS Scuba Miflex Double Braided Hoses

All sounds great, but has anyone actually used them who can give a more first hand account?

* British diving magazines on the whole tend to be much more critical about new gear than American diving magazines in my experience.

Tep, they are awesome . Very light and flexiable. I have one for my long hose, and one for my necklace. Hopefully they come out for the inflater and dry suit

I've got Miflex hoses for my primary (7' & 5'), backup (22" necklace), inflator, and drysuit inflator.

Light, durable, easy to pack, feels like your reg isnt attached to a hose in your mouth, Love them.

My wife and I use them and they are great. We have them on our primary, octo, and lp bc hose. They stay flexible when pressurized. When manufacturer's of regs use a swivel on their higher end regs try to resolve a stiff rubber hose problem, it is naturally resolve with this hose. There is no reg push or pull when moving your head any direction as these hose stay flexible not like a standard rubber hose and a lot lighter. They are a bit more expensive but they are more rugged.

have heard they can be too flexible and blow in the current if you do not do more of a tech routing around the neck, i.e. normal setup

but this is just second hand info from this board

How much less do they weigh? My interest in them is weight reduction for travel. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom