Mighty O in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was talking to Scoobahdood and Ben about this trip last night at the meet and greet. If you have a spot left, you can count me in. They gave me the name of the dive operator, so I’ll give them a call and put my name on the roster.

Also, I think a trial run at Hudson’s sounds like a good idea. I’m typically free weekends, but could also break away for an early evening weekday dive.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
I was talking to Scoobahdood and Ben about this trip last night at the meet and greet. If you have a spot left, you can count me in. They gave me the name of the dive operator, so I’ll give them a call and put my name on the roster.

Also, I think a trial run at Hudson’s sounds like a good idea. I’m typically free weekends, but could also break away for an early evening weekday dive.

Sounds good Bro. Be sure you give them my name ( Ken Mejean) so they get you on the right boat. I'm thinking a trial run at Hudson Grotto on the 16th. How does that work for everyone? I am booked solid during the week but definately want to get a trial run in. Let me know if that works for everyone.

Last edited:
[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

Sounds good Bro. Be sure you give them my name ( Ken Mejean) so they get you on the right boat. I'm thinking a trial run at Hudson Grotto on the 16th. How does that work for everyone? I am booked solid during the week but definately want to get a trial run in. Let me know if that works for everyone.
The 16th works for me.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

I’m officially in, I called the dive operator and had my name added to the list.

The 16th at Hudson works for me.

Cool. Its a date. We will do a test run on the 16th and go dive the O on the 22nd. WOOHOO!!!!!!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
I'm thinking a trial run at Hudson Grotto on the 16th. How does that work for everyone? Let me know if that works for everyone.

That will absolutely NOT work against my schedule. :rofl3: I'm N!! :D All we need to do now is plan the dive and dive the plan!! :14:

All right Y'all. Here is the plan. We hit the grotto. Group at the 20'and head straight down to the 100'to start our tour. I have enlisted the help of EAN Diver / Mark to come help out and give us the tour.
I'm thinking we meet at 8:00 A.M. Hit the water shortly there after. Two dives. We definately hit the bottom on the first and possibly the second. We decide during our sit.
I am diving the same set up I intend to dive on the O including pony bottle. I'm thinking it is probably a good idea for all of us to do.
What do you think? Sound like a good enough plan?
By the way This will be my deepest dive so I want you guys to know I am moving into new territory. I'm sure you will have to bear with me as I get over my gitters and get myself ready for this. Hope you understand.

All right Y'all. Here is the plan. We hit the grotto. Group at the 20'and head straight down to the 100'to start our tour. I have enlisted the help of EAN Diver / Mark to come help out and give us the tour.
I'm thinking we meet at 8:00 A.M. Hit the water shortly there after. Two dives. We definately hit the bottom on the first and possibly the second. We decide during our sit.
I am diving the same set up I intend to dive on the O including pony bottle. I'm thinking it is probably a good idea for all of us to do.
What do you think? Sound like a good enough plan?
By the way This will be my deepest dive so I want you guys to know I am moving into new territory. I'm sure you will have to bear with me as I get over my gitters and get myself ready for this. Hope you understand.

Sounds like a good plan to me! As far as your first deep dive, we are there for ya man! We all have been there before at one point or another. :14:

Bring your lights - it gets really really dark in the grotto below 30 feet. The water temperature at 100' this past Sunday (7/27) was 72F

Sean

Bring your lights - it gets really really dark in the grotto below 30 feet. The water temperature at 100' this past Sunday (7/27) was 72F

Sean

I have been to Hudson Grotto a couple of times but not to the bottom yet.
The only slight problem I have, is the black out conditions. I have a hand-held halogen cannon, so I'm covered as far as lights go. I also will have a couple small backup lights. Looking forward to touring the bottom. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom